1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what is the best anti spyware/ad ware program plz?

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by rav009, Dec 20, 2005.

1. rav009

rav009 Active member

yes thats good to hear that the log is clean -kemisti-, i scanned with escan and it took 1 and a half hours but it was all clean.
    I think i can safely say that my computer is clean for the moment.

and again thanks for everything especialy ewido i love that program, that realy helped, im all sorted for the meanwhile :)

2. Bestmiler

Bestmiler Guest

is there a difference between ewido security suite 3.5 and ewido anti-malaware 3.5?

3. -kemisti-

-kemisti- Active member

@rav009: You're welcome :) And ewido is excellent.

@Bestmiler: Same product, only name has changed.

4. rav009

rav009 Active member

well i looked at that comparison on what these programs find and i was quite suprised to see that ad aware was the worst of them, ewido and escan are the best there and thats good as i now use them.
    but i have been seeng negative reviews on ewido, but that comparison keeps my faith in the product.

5. rav009

rav009 Active member

@jjssj

thats not very helpful at all (the steps are very true though the only part of the thread were you talk sense,lol) , yes i definatly have a brain and i can tell you having this software makes your life alot easier, dont say silly things like that as you will put people off and theese are things you realy need.

Ewido is a great program and will save you from many horrors(and its free after the trial), experienced users such as spertti and -kemisti- have recomended them so im sure we will stick to "anti software" as you say.
    And were on earth did you hear that ewido makes you prone to viuses!, yeh ive heard that norton changes your registy severly and makes you prone to some but thats just what ive heard.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2005
  6. rav009

rav009 Active member

@jjssj

well after the trials expiration, ewido is completey free the only loss is the real time protection witch is no worry is you have somthing else for that like microsoft anti spyware, its a great "freebie" according to loads of sites and picks up alot of stuff, well if you dont like it no worrys but youll find the magority of users think that its a good program.

but you are damm right,if you download dodgey freebies then you will have hell,plz only get things that are known of and are safe, as my freind jjssj will tell you we have experienced problems with them.

a freebie jjssj downloaded deleted the ntldr file so he couldnt boot into windows at all, he had to completely wipe the hard disk and reinstall windows.

trust me stay away from the weird freebies, if you want somehting this site has it all and is should be COMPLETEY SAFE,i garuntee you this site is 100% spyware ect free, http://www.download.com , it has all kinds of freebies and is compltely clean and can be trusted.

if you must have them then this is the place to go.

7. rav009

rav009 Active member

what software are you using, if you are getting alot of pop ups and viruses.looks like you need to clean the comp a bit.

8. spertti

spertti Active member

@jjssj

Whatkind of popups do you get? Do they say "your computer is infected" or something like that? If so then you might have spyaxe/smitfraud on your system, and that one needs a special fix. No anti-spyware/anti-virus programs can fix that.

9. rav009

rav009 Active member

what sort of pop ups are you getting, also windows service pack two sorts out a hell of a lof of theese anoying problems so give it a try download it from http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/default.aspx ,itll take damm long to download depending on your conection speed, witch is 1.5mb on your computer so thats going to take about 2-3 hours i think.

also you have to acces the site through internet explorer.

its vey likely you have this as most compters nowadays do but if not get it,the validation will find the updates you need so if you have it youll find out.

oh yeh and i hope your running a legal windows or you cant get it either this way,(dont worry if you bought your computer legit then youll be fine)

10. rav009

rav009 Active member

are you using mozzila firefox, make sure you have this one its brilliant!!! http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

this will keep the pop ups away if you update it,just google firefox add ons.
    its a fast browser and much better and safer than internet exploerer.

11. rav009

rav009 Active member

please keep your inappropriate comments to yourself as you are putting off people from using theese graet programs.

i disagree add ons from mozzila are great, you dont want s**t on your comp, your the one with a pop up problem.

12. spertti

spertti Active member

How can a guy say he doesn´t want shit on his comp, and still uses Explorer...... Most of the spyware programs use Explorers bugs to enter your system....

13. rav009

rav009 Active member

lol EXACTLY, mozzila keeps you such safer browsing amd if you install the add ons then its great.

14. Bestmiler

Bestmiler Guest

@rav009

After the 14days of trial is up for Ewido, is it possible to update the software manually?

15. spertti

spertti Active member

@Bestmiler

Yes it is.

16. rav009

rav009 Active member

yep you can update and everything, the only loss is the sheild, but i suggest you get microstf anti spyware for a free real time sheild after your ewido expires, ewido will have all the featueres except the sheild and auto updates you have to manulay update,thanks to spertti for telling me all that a while ago.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en

thats microsoft anti spyware,its ok as its got a sheild but ewido will find alot more.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2005
  17. rav009

rav009 Active member

sorry about that i couldnt see your sig on firefox

Last edited: Dec 27, 2005
  18. rav009

rav009 Active member

no,acauly i have disabled java script.

i was using the avant browser at the time thats why i saw your gif sig.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2005
  19. rav009

rav009 Active member

ok ive disabled the scipting because it stops things i dotn want comming through, on sites like this ive allowed it though.

lol, yeh as for nero brillaint burning software!!!!

also great logo..