1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what is the best converting software(avi, etc. to dvd format)

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Brasco23, Aug 21, 2004.

1. Brasco23

Brasco23 Member

please let me know your opinion on the best converting software. i am triing to find the best software to switch avi, wmv, etc. to dvd format. thanks in advance for yo.ur help

2. uzziber

uzziber Member

Brasco23:
    Encoding AVI's to mpeg codec's:
    TMPGenc
    Canopus
    Cinema Craft
    Ligos Indeo

TMPGenc is very slow but the video quality is excellent; Canopus and Cinema are faster with the same video quality, I think you have to try all and decide the best for you.

3. gilera

gilera Regular member

Lots of faffing about with those programs, ok if you are an expert, but for me i say give WinAVI a try. Its free to try anyway

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

The Best For Quality is either "Canopus Procoder 2.0" or "CinemaCraft encoder SP 2.67" but they are Professinal Quality and Quite Advanced and expensive..

For encodeing Speed "CinemaCraft" is the Fastest Followed by the "MainConcept Encoder".....

For ease of use then I would suggest Tmpgenc but it is Slow but the quality is good and it is easy to use.....

For an overall High Quality encoder that is Fairly easy to use and is Very Fast then I suggest the "MainConcept Encoder".....

I believe It is better to Just learn how to use a High Quality encoder that is more complex ,than to settle with an encoder that is substandard but easy enough for an Monkey to use....

Encoders that have very few Settings and are overly easy to use are Flawed because there are certain Perameters to Mpeg encodeing that has to be adjusted depending on the Properties of the Source file and too use the same basic settings for every source file will not Produce Optimal results...

Cheers

5. gilera

gilera Regular member

Thanks Minion for thinking im a monkey but we are not all geniuses, i tried tmpg but found it too much effort for the reward. I have made some very good copies with WinAVI so please dont decry it.