1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the best mod chip to get?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by kev231, Jul 19, 2004.

1. kev231

kev231 Guest

I am thinking about getting a premodded xbox.
    What is the best chip to get.
    Dont want to spend a lot of money $250-$300.
    Anybody know any reasonable web sites to buy one.
    Thanks
    Kevin
    also will i be able to DL games off the internet and play them.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2004
  2. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

Xecuter 3 will be the best modchip to get when it is out so get that. And as for dl games from the internet erm..... That is piracy so you cannot talk about it here.

3. c0ld

c0ld Guest

4. c0ld

c0ld Guest

5. FullySik

FullySik Guest

id say evox is the best 1 ive never had a prob with it

6. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

Fully sik, you are on about the dashboard, not a modchip. He wants to know what the best chip is to get e.g xecuter 3, xenium ice etc.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Xbox v1.0 with X-ecuter2 lite,EVO-X DASHBOARD,
    ps2 with magic 3.1
    3200+ AMD ATHLON XP BARTON wItH wInDoWs XP(sp1), asus A7V600-X MOTHERBOARD, 120GB HDD,256dDDR memory, pioneer 106D dvd writer, ASUS 16x DVD Drive, radeon 9200se gfx card,6 usb 2.0 ports,[/small]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2004
  7. ksman13

ksman13 Member

I thought aladin or x-bit was best?

can you give me a link to info on the xecuter 3 and xenoice

many thanks

8. Scotsmen

Scotsmen Guest

Hi
    Everyone will have differing views on what is considered to be the best modchip.

But one does wonder how anyone can give advice on a chip that IS NOT even on general release yet (X3).

We cannot simply rely on the unreleased chips specs untill we actually get our hands on one it would bew better to stick to facts than assumptions would it not ?

So now for my opinion on what modchip to get !!

For the inexperienced wanting to install a chip him/herself I would say purchase the xenium.

Now i will back up why I recommend this chip on facts not pre production hype of an as yet un released chip.

With the xenium upto v1.5 xbox you can install as a "No solder" option with no LPC rebuilding required.

Another reason i would recommend this chip is the very fact that for the inexperienced it provides its own operating system that will never leave you with a non booting chip even if you have problems flashing the bios. the OS gives you a chance to "see" what you are doing.

Regards