1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the BEST monitor for next-gen gaming (PS3) and PC use??

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Lemngying, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Lemngying

Lemngying Member

Due to money and furniture and general convenience, I've chosen to get a nice PC Monitor for PS3 plus PC use as well.

Couple things I've learnt.

i) For PS3 you'll need a HDMI to DVI adapter
    ii) The pc monitor needs to be HDCP compliant in order for the HDMI cables to work for the ps3, others wise I'll get no video signal, and be stuck using the composite cable.
    iii) I'll need to get a 1920x1200 LCD Monitor for it to display 1080p (and thus support ALL lower resolutions. 720p, 576p for PAL, 480i/480p)

======================================================================
    So have I got all my information right? And would anybody know a good Monitor to use?

2. Lemngying

Lemngying Member

Also For the larger resolutions displaying lower resolution signals, I shud get a display that allows 1:1 scaling. That way the 1920x1200 display won't stretch a standard def signal to fill the width.

3. JayB2005

JayB2005 Member

Hi

The best solution I have found for gaming is this beauty from BenQ. It is widescreen supports 1080p and has a HDMI connection, 6ms response time and 1000:1 contrast ratio. This is not the cheapest monitor on the market, but if you are spending the money on a PS3 why not enjoy it with this great monitor. See link below for more details

http://www.benq.com.au/products/LCD/?product=812