1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the best program to back up a DVD? and how?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by v5nfe, Jan 23, 2004.

1. v5nfe

v5nfe Member

Hi,
    Whats the best program for backing up a DVD, and can anyone give me a hand as to instructions. I'm getting quite frazzled :p thanks a bunch!

2. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

my man this argument has been going on for decades in these forums. your answer is "whatever works best for you" if it helps, ill tell you what have worked best for me. im going on 180+ burns, and have done all of them using the "Clone dvd" and "Anydvd" method. there should be a guide on that here. check it out and try it out. peace!

3. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi guys,

There are lots of programs out there, you can get a bit confused.

Afew things have to happen to a DVD-9 movie to get it onto one blank disc, right?

1. Decryption has to be overcome.
    2. Compression, Turn 8 GB or so into 4.36 GB.
    3. Taking the movie files and putting them on your hdd.
    4. Getting those files onto you blank disc in a form that is DVD-Video compliant so it will play in somthing other than your computer.

Some programs:

321 studio products like DVD Xcopy Express do all four with a single click. Expensive, various installation issues, no free trial Puts a big, fat warning at the front of your movie. When it works it's very easy to use.

CloneDVD does everything but decrypt, AnyDVD runs in the background decrypting. Good combination of two programs, free trial, cool sheep.

DVD Decrypter is used to decrypt, has burning capabilities with DVD-5 movies. Free, makes neat sound when done, powerful tool that works when others can't.

Burnatonce is a burning program that takes your decrypted compressed files and burns your disc. Free, does not work with +R, R/W blank media.

DVDShrink is a decrypting, compressing program that has features to let you modify your movie (re-author). IMHO the best free program avalible. Powerful, especially when the newest version is combined with Nero. A favorite.

Nero 6 is a combination of several programs including Nero Burning ROM and Nero Recode 2. Burning ROM is a burning program, Recode is a compression, authoring and burning program. Nero 6 has many features that are woth looking at. Free 30 day demoversion, good support IMHO, worth the money. Another favorite.

And there are lots more!

Frank

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Personally i sue DVD Shrin, there are a few user guides in my signature to help you get started...