1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the best way to copy a music CD?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by cloudnin, May 6, 2002.

1. cloudnin

cloudnin Member

Alright, I've posted messages on r3mix.net and also on the EAC messageboard. I want to copy several of my CDs, and I need to know what the best way to do this is. I know that EAC is great for making securely ripped WAV files, but so far I have been unable to use EAC to write or even simulate writing a disc, because after 0 to 1 seconds of simulation, the following error halts the simulation:

Write error !

Write block :

Logical unit not ready, long write in progress

--
    Does anyone know what this error is? I've searched, but didn't get anything about it, so I don't know if it's a problem with the burner (it works fine with Roxio), or a compatibility program, or there's some setting(s) that are incorrect, or what. I read somewhere that using EAC helps ensure that there's no errors when burning, but if I can't use EAC, which program should I use? I can still use EAC to make the WAVs, but would it be better to use Roxio Easy CD 5 (with that, is there anyway to change the initial gap to more than 2 seconds? like 2.32 seconds?), Nero 5.5.8.0 (I heard there was a bug with 5.5.7.2, or Feurio (this was recommended but I don't know what it is or how much it costs), CDClone (this was featured on one of cd-rw.org's pages), or something else? I guess this is the most basic question, what's best to copy a CD, so apologies if this has been asked and answered to death here, but I did a quick skim of the forum and site and didn't see a clear, concise answer.

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

---
    I rebooted my computer and tried simulating a burn with EAC again, and now I get a different error with EAC, again occurring 0 to 1 seconds after the simulation begins. The error now is:

Write error !

Get write parameters :

No additional sense information

--
    I don't know what the problem is, so I guess I'll try Feurio or Nero. Ideas on which of those is better?

Last edited: May 6, 2002
  2. burnproof

burnproof Guest

====================================================
    Logical unit not ready, long write in progress
    ====================================================

The above message usually indicates that the drive is yet to recognise the inserted media. You might try updating the ASPI layer too.

I've used Nero 5.5.8.0 to burn audio. Results seem to be OK.

3. Plink

Plink Guest

Nero is best if you copy cd to cd and if you ripping use example Blaze Media Pro. sorry if i write somethin wrong.

4. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

BlazeMedia Pro is NOT THE BEST RIPPER and Nero is definitely not the best for copying. Only secured rippers are EAC and CDEx, and the functions & accuracy of EAC is better known.

1) Update ASPI
    2) Try the native interface (NT/2000/XP)
    3) If it still doesn't work then read the disc with EAC as .CUE/.WAV and burn with something else, like Feurio!.

Last edited: May 7, 2002
  5. GodFinger

GodFinger Regular member

You could also rip the audio-cd as one big wave file with EAC, load the cuefile in CloneCD, and burn it.

I have used EAC for secure copying of music CD's and i also use it for ripping and encoding with LAME Encoder, and i just think that this is the best ripper-encoder -combination around.