1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the best way to store DVD??? Please help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jets4life, Mar 12, 2005.

1. jets4life

jets4life Guest

I just wanted to know once you back up a DVD (Im using DVD Shrink) what is the best way to store DVDs once they are backed up to your hard drive??? I just recently had some of by backups stolen on a trip and now I have to re burn them over again (thank god for back ups) So was just wondering how can I keep these on my CPU without taking up major space???

Thanks

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Well you can't really, it's gonna take up 4.35GBs per movie. Unless you go dvd to avi, then you will lose quality (IMO)

3. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

so make a new copy from your safely secured original

or buy a 1tb Lacie Daisy Cutter external harddrive and store them there, but even that will fill up over time

4. Dude2099

Dude2099 Regular member

Those Lacie 1TB drives oooh baby, i want one. But whats so wrong with a 1GB Divx movie, its still gunna be 5-6 times the size and the quality will still be relatively good.

5. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

It's all in the math. Even a 160gig HDD on sale with rebates for $50 bucks would mean about 35 movies at more then $1.40 a piece or just burn 2 instead of one at around 40 cents a piece.

[​IMG][​IMG]

flip218 if you want them.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2005