1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the bottleneck in my rig?

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by gamerstudent, Jan 16, 2012.

1. gamerstudent

gamerstudent Regular member

Specs below in the signature. I would like to know what is the bottleneck on my computer since I want to know what to update next. Thank you!

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

find a site that has scoring software (not sure of correct terminology) pc world or such like will more than likely have one,the list of your hardware it produces will show where the machine is weakest with the scoring next to each part

3. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Your Windows 7 Experience index would also suggest your bottleneck as well, already installed and can be found under Control Panel>System and Security>Check the windows experience index.

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

you could've posted earlier & saved me time from hunting all the junk i've got installed on my pc trying to find the index scorer,i knew it was on here somewhere but thought it was 3rd party not actually windows that did it.i was getting pissed off coz i couldn't find it,you'd understand if you knew how many freebie downloads i've kept in data partition :p

5. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Should have asked earlier. =)

6. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

hehehe

7. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Hey this is a late post but I have a basic answer for your original question. The video card is your greatest bottleneck in actual gaming performance. If looking for a more overall boost, a solid state drive is a rather expensive, but effective solution. The rest of your system is top-notch, and could easily handle a much more powerful video card.