1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the dif between HD-Ready and HD-Built-in?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by anubis66, Jan 7, 2006.

1. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

i need to know the difference between the two. with hd ready, if i were to plug in a ps3 or 360 with component cables and run it on 1080i, would it work? or do i need a tuner?

2. BigMike2

BigMike2 Member

With HD built in it has a tuner built in for OTA reception of HD sources. With HD ready you supply the tv with an HD signal, your xbox or psp. For 1080i the tv has to be capable of doing that resolution, a lot of current sets are more 720p and thats what they will display.

The current top end sets will do 1080p but only will intake 1080i and then convert these to 1080p.

hd-ready, needs a source that provides the signal, xbox, psp, cable box or sat box.

3. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

so thats just as good right? atleast close? so if i has something that makes the 1080i signal and i plug it in it can read it w/o a tuner?

4. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Yes. Like BigMike2 said built-in means that the set has a digital tuner and an analog tuner. Just like cable for analog tvs HD cable for digital tvs works them same way. The cable box is the "tuner."

Ced

5. BigMike2

BigMike2 Member

Yes, u r set to go.

Mike2