1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what is the difference between the SERIES for SONY HDTVs??

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by marioinc, May 23, 2008.

1. marioinc

marioinc Member

What's the difference between all the series and are they really worth the extra money, or is like a samsung better. I would need a size from 46 to 52.

2. Icanbe

Icanbe Guest

Usually thet main diffrences are, contrast ratio, brightness, native res. (eg. 720p,1080i,1080p), features such as PIP, number of inputs.

Write down some of the models you are interested in and google them.
    Hard to say if a samsung is better or not, depends on which model of sony you are looking at.

3. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Icanbe is spot on. Without further details,we cannot be of much assistance, your question can be paraphrased as the following "What's the difference between cars?"

4. marioinc

marioinc Member

Sorry I thought there were important differences between for example the v series and w series and xbr series to justify the big price difference.

I was looking at the KDL-46xbr5 with the Bravia Engine PRO, and I was wondering what the main difference between all the bravia engines is. I would need a tv that upscales very well SD programs since I only have that apart from the ps3.

Which one would be better, the KDL-46xbr5 from sony, or LN-T4669F from Samsung. DO they both have LEDs to achieve higher contrast ratios? And which one would upscale better?

KDL-48XBR5
    http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665153947

LN-t4669F
    http://pages.samsung.com/us/hd/ and click flat panels lcd 69

5. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

6. Icanbe

Icanbe Guest

7. error5

error5 Regular member

I'm a previous owner of an XBR3 (before I went with the Pioneer Kuro). These, for me, are the most important features of the new XBR4 and 5 series - and the W3000.

The Sony XBR 4 and XBR5 Series

HDMI supports 1080p/24fps
    BRAVIA Engine PRO using the DRC-MFv2.5 video processor
    Sony’s Top-Of-The-Line DRC® MultiFunction Circuitry V2.5 used to improve both standard definition (SD) and high-definition (HD) video signals
    10-bit display panels provide 64 times the level of color produced by an ordinary 8-bit panel
    Sony’s MotionFlow™ technology, which can convert all source material for display at 120Hz (or 100Hz outside North America.)

The Sony W3000 Series

HDMI supports 1080p/24fps
    BRAVIA Engine EX using the less-powerful DRC-MFv1.0 video processor
    Sony’s DRC® MultiFunction Circuitry V1.0 limited to more fundamental video processing tasks such as up-scaling, de-interlacing, reverse 3:2 pulldown (IVTC,) et cetera, on non-HD video signals
    10-bit display panels provide 64 times the level of color produced by an ordinary 8-bit panel
    No MotionFlow™ technology