1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the latest Ilo firmware suppose so solve?

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by 80sMusic, May 1, 2005.

1. 80sMusic

80sMusic Member

I got the email about the new firmware for my ilo but would like to no what I am doing to my system before I load it? What problems is it suppose to solve?
    I have learned that you do NOT put MP3 into these recorders. Not once but twice it screwed my ilos up completely. This one is recording fine but now its back to not wanting to play the ones it has recorded. LMAO this has been such a joke from the beginning.
    I suspect ilo must have a mountain of these in the warehouse returned to them. You figure problem 90% of the people dont have any clue about any updates, ect.

2. LCSHG

LCSHG Regular member

80sMusic

You should upgrade. I feel the ILO is a very good Unit that the upgrades make even better.
    My ILO RHD04 build date is Oct.04. firmware 1185. I have upgraded straight through to firmware 1195. Some annoying problems with functions did occur, during the changes. The most annoying problem with the ILO was the green tint on some videos during playback and to many specif functionn problems. The green tint issue and most function problems were fixed with firmware 1195 and its a drive update also. All the firmware upgrades I have used came from Guitarman’s site and I use the hacked version. I have not had one problem. I have used many different DVD+R media and not one failure. They all have to be finalized. And will play in other machines. Lately I’ve been using DVD+RW. They do not require to be finalized and will play in other machines. I only say this in hopes that it will answer some of your concerns.
    You say that recordings made on the ILO are back to not playing on the ILO. Does this mean that they did play on the ILO, stopped,than played. and again stopped. Will they play on other players? If not, there has to be a problem with the ILO, the media, or with how or what you are doing. You should ask [Guitarman] and go with his recommendations. I don't mean this, that others do not have a valid opinion.
    I have not used MP3 but I can’t see why they should screw up your recorder. What do you mean by screwed up?
    You are right way too many people are not aware that a problem can be solved by a simple firmware upgrade. I blame ILO for this but mostly Wal Mart. The ILO is a good unit, employees do not inform the purchaser prior or after the sale that a simple fix is available, Why? because to many don’t know the product or dont care. That’s not only true for Wal Mart.

3. 80sMusic

80sMusic Member

To answer the questions. MP3. Our ilos are suppose to support mp3 & jpeg. I have one I put in my first ilo. Played the mp3/jpeg fine. Took it out and the system was so confused it couldnt read discs, couldnt record. Basically it was shot. The second one which I currently still have worked perfectly until I put another mp3/jpeg in and everything seemed fine after that until I went to record and the disc failed. Then I tried playing back one I had previously recorded and it failed. So at this point I restored the system. Previous one that I noted above played fine. Thought problem was fixed. Next day went to play one (same brand) error/invalid disc. I tried a different brand. This one worked. Later that day tried it again and it failed.
    So as it stands now: I can record fine to Maxwell DVD+rs but not staples brand(Had recorded 50 staples without any problems before).
    All discs I have recorded since have played fine in my Symphonic dvd player but will not play in the ilo.
    Its funny cuase you can always tell when a disc is going to fail by the sound the dvd recorder makes. You will hear like a garbilish sound twice and then see invalid disc. Normally you will hear it spin stop spin stop and then spin and you are good to go.
    It actually has become very tiring of all the consistent problems these recorders have. Here is a problem that all ilos I have seen have. If you record a show and let the disc run completely out. It becomes invalid. Or if the power goes out in middle of recording it goes invalid.
    Ive definetly learned my lesson with mp3's. I think anytime you put these in with so many songs on them and then kick in the fact it also has jpeg pictures going at same time that its just to much for the system.

4. LCSHG

LCSHG Regular member

Sounds like your on your second recorder. I have been, still do, using Maxwell and Memorex DVD+R. On VCR to DVD I run them out, not that I have to, to the end and finalize. Not one problem. Lately I've been using Verbatim DVD+RW. I do not have to finalize and can also stop anyware on the disk, and they erase fine. All disks play in the ILO or other units. I ran about 10 comercial music disks and they played fine. Of 5 homemade music disks One would not play except, on a cyberhome, when coaxed but than only 1 out of a dozen tries. The guy finaly admited it was a bum disk. It was a disk from Office Max. Some of these outlets get there products from different suppliers, so the quality is not consistent. I have used only the media I named. some users have had problems with different media. Check your firmwre version. Go to the ILO hack site[ss3f.com/ilo] and take a look at the Pro's and Con's. These are my experences. There are others that have more experience with the ILO than me and may be able to shed some light on the issue.