1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what is the lite on booktype utillity and do i need to use it

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dvdman101, Dec 11, 2007.

1. dvdman101

dvdman101 Regular member

hi ,

i have been trying to change everything i burn to a booktype dvd -rom , i have got imgburn to change to dvd-rom and i haave been trying to get dvd shrink to but the option is greyed out and i cannot change it . i have a lite on 20a1p burner and it supports booktype settings . i was wondering if i need to get the lite on booktype utillity tool or is that not needed . i use dvd shrink and it burns thru nero 6 , which i really like . i have version 6.6.0.18 and i really like it . i have also not figured out how to change the setings in nero 6 to enable the booktype to dvd-rom either , any help appericated . thanks

2. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

My understanding is that imgburn will change the booktype only as long as you use imgburn to burn. It however will not change the booktype of the liteon drive for Nero( when you are using Nero). I understand tha when you use Nero CD speed, here you can change the booktype for Nero. Try this link:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/229396

3. syxguns

syxguns Active member

In ImgBurn you do have to make changes for the media that you are using. It will not do it for you automatically. You do not need to worry about it if you are burning -R disk, but if you are burning +R it is a good thing to do. However, most of today's DVD players do not have a problem reading +R disk. If I burned to +R then I would set my booktype to [-ROM].

[​IMG]

[​IMG]