1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the quickest avi/dvd conversion software

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by lilzee, Jan 1, 2005.

1. lilzee

lilzee Member

Hi
    Im wanting to convert a movie from AVI and put it on to a DVD disc. What is the quickest software which allows me to do this. I currently use Nero but this takes waaaaayyy too long. THNX

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Well good luck because I have found NVE 3(NeroVisionExpress) to be the fastest of the file converters. I can convert, create a menu, add chapters, and burn to disc in about 3 to 3 1/2 hours with NVE 3 on about a 2 hour file. Most File conversion proggys take waaaay longer than that just to convert.

You could try Dvd Santa, it converts, but it's limited so I don't use it. It may be what you're looking for, it has a free trial.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2005
  3. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

lilzee, the time it takes to convert/encode is generally more dependant on hardware than software. If you use an old pIII with 64mb ram, its gonna take a heap longer than the latest p4 with 2gb ram. Some software is quicker than others but your computer usually has a big say in speed