1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Is The $WINDOWS.~BT Folder On My Hard Drive? IS IT ABOUT WINDOWS 10?

Discussion in 'Windows 10 forum' started by ireland, Sep 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ireland

ireland Active member

What Is The $WINDOWS.~BT Folder On My Hard Drive? IS IT ABOUT WINDOWS 10?

What Is The $WINDOWS.~BT Folder?IN WINDOWS 7-8.1 On My Hard Drive?

The $WINDOWS.~BT folder came from Windows, or more precisely a Windows update. It contains the files needed to upgrade to Windows 10. These files were gradually downloaded over time. The folder will have been created some time around the Windows 10 release (July 29). It may have been created before the release date so as to relieve Microsoft’s servers of the stress of too many downloads the day of release.

f your C drive (or whichever drive it is you’ve installed Windows to) is taking up more space than it should even though you haven’t installed anything new, or added any large files, you might be wondering what’s going on. For anyone running Windows 7, 8/8.1/10, this sudden space consumption can be as high as 6GB and it might be attributed to a folder called $WINDOWS.~BT that exists on your drive. Here’s a look at where that folder came from, why you may or may not need it, and if it’s safe to remove from your system without causing any trouble.

READ IT ALL HERE

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/what-is-the-windows-bt-folder-on-my-hard-drive/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.