1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the Xbox directory structure in the hard drive/other softmodding questions

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by haydensc, Oct 13, 2009.

1. haydensc

haydensc Member

Im just wondering were i put the apps and the emulaters so when i go on my dashboard and click apps our emulaters they show up.

2. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

3. haydensc

haydensc Member

Is this also true for unleashedX. Thanks alot for your help.

4. haydensc

haydensc Member

So if i want to put a xbox game on my xbox. what formate does it need to be in. I tryed puting a iso in the game folder and nothing showed up. Do i need to extract it.

5. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

To backup the game to the hard drive use dvd2xbox. You can get this app in the xbox software section. You can also get it on the aid disc.

To use ftp or install it to your apps folder, then reboot the xbox and load the app. If you just read the onscreen instructions you'll be able to figure it out.

6. haydensc

haydensc Member

Thanks i knew that but i was talking about downloading a game on the internet and puting it on through FTP. I figured it out know. U make a folder in Games and put extracted iso stuff in there

7. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

Sometimes that won't work because the dvd2xbox application actually patches the default.xbe file.

If it worked then great, if you have one that doesn't work no matter how hard you try then burn the iso to a disc then copy it over using dvd2xbox.

8. haydensc

haydensc Member

Alright. Im just gonna burn it because i need to save hard drive space.

9. haydensc

haydensc Member

All my dics i burned just to play on the disc worked but one game republic camando works when u have no saved games of republice cammando on your hard drive. When i save a game on my xbox and trun it on again. It stays on a loading screen and doesn't do anything. But when i delet the game save it works again. Weird. Do u guys know how to fix this problem.

10. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

Delete the contents of the Cache folder in E:. Remember to delete just the contents and not the entire folder.