1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what is [TMD]

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by bewitched, May 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewitched

bewitched Guest

hi i downloaded some movies from kazza and on the file it has (tmd)john q and i tried to play it in wmp and quick time and a error mess came up saying that the required compressor could not be found.could anyone please tell where to get the compressor needed or what to do to get it to play the file

2. Ghostdog

Ghostdog Regular member

As far as I know it´s the guy that makes the videos.

3. wreckme

wreckme Guest

u need DivX

4. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

bewitched: try downloading divx codecs 3.11, 4.0, 5.0 that should help you be able to play the file, tmd is an IRC channel short for(the movie depot).

5. bewitched

bewitched Guest

i have dloaded divx 5.0 but it still wont open the files i am running windows xp,where du i go to get these other players?i am a newbie at this so it has to b in lamens terms...lol

6. Ghostdog

Ghostdog Regular member

In the worst case the actual file is corrupted and nothing can help you. But things like that are rare. I once downloaded a movie which had sound but only a white screen during the whole movie.
    It shouldn´t be a problem with the player, what are you using?

7. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Download FFDShow filter from our site and see if it helps. The [TMD] refers very likely to a pirate group and has nothing to do with the video format.

8. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

bewitched did you try downloading divx 3.11 and 4.0 ? I have had problems like that too (right after i reformated my hard drive) you might need 3.11 and 4.0 if you are using kazaa try looking for a file called all video codecs try installing those except for the anglepotion codec i found it leaves pink spots in my video after encoding.

9. beetleguy

beetleguy Guest

hi i am having the same problem as "bewitched
    ". i am a newbie at this as well, i have tried all of the suggestions (posted) so far, and none have worked for me either so far. i am having a problem with spirit (TMD). anyone have any ideas??? (i am running windows xp as well)

10. rip

rip Member

hey guys i am having the same problem and i saw a message somewhere that tmd is now encoding his movies with his own player it says that you have to get the codec or player from his site http:\\tmd-moviez.com
    but that site is under construction
    that is why you can not play his movies if anyone has or finds that player please let us know where it is

11. !Lynx!

!Lynx! Guest

TMD is the movie depot. The site has a reputation for having high quality movies and quickly (I myself have 12 movies from them). I also herd that the site is developing it's own codec and player, but that it wasn't supposed happen for a while. For me I updated my codec libray sometime ago for converting videos. Before that I had problems with Divx as well. Go to kazaa and search for "Ultimate Divx", you will see acouple f codec packs. download and install "Ultimate XP DivX Codec -Nimo433" (it should be there) and see if it helps for XP. I also downloaded "Every code Imagenable" form the developer ChRiLiPp0. He has many other codecs as well. Another solution is to get a different movie and see if it plays as Ghostdog stated it could just be a file. If all fails you can go to Mirc.com download the software and link up. You can go it rooms and channels and chat. Beleive me you can get ten or twenty solutions that might help. Thats all those guys do. Good luck.

12. elosled

elosled Member

Hey everyone. I am a real member of TMD. If you have any questions visit us at our forum... its located at http://www.gameznet.net/phpBB2/ If you want to join us in our irc room, connect to criten.net and join #tmd-moviez and #tmd...hope to see you there.

13. chaowang

chaowang Member

1. go to www.divx.com to download mpeg4 plugin and install that.
    2. get internet connected and try to play that video file with windows media player. wmp would search for the new codec automatically.
    3. if you still can not play it, something wrong with your video file.

14. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Ok, if you need to know about TMD, go to this URL and don't bother asking stupid questions in here:

http://www.tmdmoviez.com/

...next thread about this issue gets the person banned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.