1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what is worst your fear ?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by xXx, Mar 2, 2006.

1. xXx

xXx Regular member

self i am afraid most poverty. even though on the other hand nobody in my country starve to death. and why i would fear illnesses, because i am already diseased man. and death why it should be afraid ? i am only curious to know what you fear most of all ?

2. RavenLife

RavenLife Regular member

the unknown. everybody fears what they do not know
    human nature

3. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

The I.R.S.

4. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

monkeys 0.o

5. Phyco_Can

Phyco_Can Guest

that i come home one day and my cats head is in my great dane's mouth

6. Jauzzi

Jauzzi Member

i'm afraid of Bush...

7. Jauzzi

Jauzzi Member

and the CIA!

8. little155

little155 Regular member

You don't have to worry about the CIA. They will manage to do them selves in. They always do.

9. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

My biggest fear is the newbies taking over the forums! :)

On a more serious note, harm coming to myself, my friends or my loved ones is my biggest fear. Because without them, what is there worth getting scared about?

10. escalante

escalante Regular member

i'm afraid that my dad's business will go to hell and we'll be poor

11. ireland

ireland Active member

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For other uses, see Fear (disambiguation).

Fear is an unpleasant feeling of perceived risk or danger, whether it be real or imagined. Fear also can be described as a feeling of extreme dislike towards certain conditions, objects or situations such as: fear of darkness, fear of ghosts, etc. It is one of the basic emotions.

Fear may underlie some phenomena of behavior modification, although these phenomena can be explained without adducing fear as a factor in them. Furthermore, application of aversive stimuli is also often ineffective in producing change in the behaviour intended to be changed. Fearing objects or contexts can be learned; in animals this is being studied as fear conditioning, which depends on the emotional circuitry of the brain.

Fear inside a person has different degrees and varies from one person to another (see also phobia). If not properly handled, fear can lead to social problems. People who experience intense fear have been known to commit irrational and/or dangerous acts.

Some philosophers have considered fear to be a useless emotion; other thinkers note the usefulness of fear as a warning of potentially unpleasant consequences. Still others consider that fear is the fuel that feeds the ego's (as in "separating/judgmental agent") engine.

Degrees of fear

Fear can be described by different terms in accordance with its relative degrees. Fear covers a number of terms - worry, terror, fright, paranoia, horror, persecution complex and dread.
    [edit]

Distrust

A mild stage of fear, more like caution than fear, usually focused on a person or object. Distrust is a lack of faith or belief, described as a feeling towards something questionable or unknown. For example, having distrust in a rickety old bridge across a 10,000ft drop.
    [edit]

Paranoia

Paranoia is a term used to describe a psychosis of fear, related to perception of being persecuted. (see also Guilt) This perception often causes one to change their normal behaviour in radical ways, after time their behavior may become extremely compulsive.
    [edit]

Terror

Terror refers to a pronounced state of fear, where someone becomes overwhelmed with a sense of immediate danger. Thus, terror overwhelms the person to the point of ill rational choices and non-typical behavior.
    [edit]

Expression
    [edit]

Facial

In fear, ones eyes widen and the upper lip rises. The brows draw together and the lips stretch horizontally. The speech is slurred and it takes longer to think through what one wants to say in any given situation. Eyes tend to get wide when one has fear, out of anticipation for what will happen next.
    [edit]

Cause of fear

See also: Mass hysteria

The causes of fear can vary to a surprising degree; fear is to a certain extent a "cultural artifact" (Clifford Geertz). In 19th century Britain, one of the biggest fears was of dying poor, unmourned, unremembered, and possibly ending up on an anatomist's dissection table. By the early twentieth century, this had given way to a fear of being buried alive, to the extent that those who could afford it would make all sorts of arrangements to ensure this would be avoided (eg glass lids, for observation, and breathing pipes, for survival until rescued). During the Second World War, fear of death by bombing was much less prevalent than during World War I, even though many more bombs fell; air wardens would complain of civilians continuing to gossip on street corners instead of taking shelter. Similarly, when cars were new, fear of them was such that for a time the law required a man with a red flag to walk in front of it to warn the public; today, tens of thousands die in road accidents each year yet governments struggle to instill a real fear of drunk driving or speeding.

In 2005, University of Toronto researchers traced the origin of memories to the prefrontal cortex of the brain.[1]

See also

* Angst
    * Phobia
    * Night terror
    * Appeal to fear
    * Culture of fear
    * Shame
    * Guilt
    * Freud
    * Litany against fear
    * Panic
    * Strategy of tension
    go here
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear

There's a bridge called "Covert's Crossing" or "Covert's Bridge" up in New Castle. A young couple had gotten married on Halloween. Around midnight, they were riding in a horse drawn carriage across the bridge at the same time a car was. The bridge was only one lane, so by the time they saw each other it was too late. Story has it that they crashed and the hubcap of the car flew off, decapitating the bride. The police never found her head or the body of the groom. Its been said that if you sit on the bridge on Halloween night around midnight, you can see the headless bride standing on some rocks in the river. However they don't know if she is looking for her head or her lost love.

For the last few months, I have had a funny feeling that something is stalking me. There are many signs. Whenever I'm walking, I hear loud footsteps. When I stop walking, I can still hear them. When I turn around, the footsteps are gone. I keep seeing someone crawling on the floor in the corner of my eye. When I look, no one is there. I have a Halloween mask. The other night, I awoke to see it on my bed staring at me. When I awoke the next day, I found it in my cupboard. I often feel a hand on my shoulder that grabs tightly. There is a tall black figure behind me with it's arm raised, ready to strike. It's weird. I wonder if it's a sign.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2006
  12. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

I have a lot of fears. But the most my #1 fear is not being christion enough to go to heaven. That is my fear i worrie everyday cause i never know when god will come.

13. pulsar

pulsar Active member

@ ringht682, if you are a nice person, treat people as you expect to be treated yourself, then your God will look after you. You don't need to pray every 2 minutes, or have to go to church. As long as you are happy in what you do & don't hurt anyone, you'll be OK.
    Don't let others tell you that you will go to a bad place if you do not worship Him & constantly for you to give & give & use your guilt against your good nature. That is just man twisting the bible.
    There will be a lot of religious people who will rot in Hell for what they have done, fundamentalists etc.
    If you smile at someone today & they smile back, you have done your little bit to bring happiness to that person. A nice lady smiled at me today just before we got on a train, I smiled back & I'm smiling as I am typing this out! Just because she chose to smile at me, I will be happy for the rest of the day, it restores my faith in people.
    You don't have to do much to bring happiness in the world.

[bold]It's nice to be nice![/bold]

& I am not religious, but I do believe that what goes round comes around.....

14. pulsar

pulsar Active member

My worst fear is the amount of useless threads been started on this forum by "re-vamped members"

Why do they keep coming back? They contribute little to the forum as such & are generally a nuisance.

15. Jauzzi

Jauzzi Member

you know, sometimes when im takin a dump, you know... you are sitting there in the toilet, and you can't really see what's in there or not... and it scares the s#$t out of me to think that one day this huge snake is gonna come out of there and is gonna jump straight to my a$$%ole and then come out through my stomach, you know... like the alien from Aliens, or something like that...

16. rab48124

rab48124 Regular member

in general The word Goverment! Im not a smart man, in fact I'm a dropout but I could never vote for sombody whos dumb . How did Bush get in?

17. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Honestly, G.Bush and Spiders :)

18. bombayboy

bombayboy Regular member

mine is failure.I also fear the sky its too big for my liking, where does it end?, i dont feel secure...i dont fear death, but i respect it...

Last edited: Mar 3, 2006
  19. pulsar

pulsar Active member

@Bombayboy, do you know what a vowel is?

LOL!

20. bombayboy

bombayboy Regular member

what u mean? ...sorry vowel...hmmmm...of course i do! duz it matter? :D

Last edited: Mar 3, 2006