1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is wqajne.exe

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by icbm, Jan 8, 2007.

1. icbm

icbm Member

There is a process called "wqajne.exe" in my task manager. It is a hidden file that's located in system32 folder. I can't find any info about it and get rid of it as well.
    The reason I can't delete this file is the folder setting. The folder setting and the registry code change back right after I change them. And that prevent me from viewing hidden files.

I think the unknown file and the folder setting problem are correlated. Can somebody please help me with this? :)

2. bkf

bkf Guest

Likley a random filename created by something. A hjt log would be your first step. From your other (double post) you will hear about that lol, Try a couple of interesting experiments. 1 - Kill the process in task manager and see if anything stops working. 2 - Rename the file wqajne.exe to wqajne.old and reboot and see if anything complain's. you can always rename it back to .exe

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2007
  3. icbm

icbm Member

thank you
    but i can't tune the folder setting to view hidden files; that's the problem

4. icbm

icbm Member

i'll post a Hjt as soon as i get home, i don't this there's other problem tho.

5. bkf

bkf Guest

No hurry we understand :)