1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is your ride?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by need_for2, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

[bold]THE CAR HISTORY OF AUSLANDER[/bold]

[bold]1960 Chevy Truck[/bold]
    had this from when i was 12 to 15. it was a rustbucket that got stolen. i had it in a shop for tranny work...the mechanic couldn't fix it and let it sit for a year, then demanded i pay for letting it sit. my family and i refused, so he sold it. we sued and got some money for it, but i really miss my three-on-the-tree sometimes.

[bold]2001 Hyundai Accent[/bold]
    my family picked this up as a cheapie car (got a great deal on it), and after my truck was gone, i started to drive this. my truck was a six cylinder, but this 5-speed, 4-cylinder was a good bit faster. and got about 34 mpg. my dad still drives it as a work car. mine from age 15 to 18.

[bold]1996 Dodge Ram 1500[/bold]
    this was my first V-8 and automatic tranny vehicle. i drove it to school a bit and mainly just used it to haul around equipment and do farm work. we still have it, at just over 105,000 miles, parked on a hill next to my house. all we do is get hay with it and pull stumps. mine from age 16 to current, but i have no access to it here at college. that '96 ram has been an awesome truck. at 88,000 miles we had to rebuild the tranny, but other than that, it's been rock solid. the body may be starting to get some small rust spots, but it's parked outside...what can you do? the drive-train is still strong and it still works as the best non-dually, 4x2 farm truck i've ever seen.

[bold]2005 Subaru Impreza RS[/bold]
    my parents helped me get this for college, as i needed a safe, reliable car with good fuel economy to drive for the next 6-10 years on a regular basis. we found a great deal on it, and it's the best car i've ever driven. i prefer it to the cadillac i had on rental at one point, lol. 5-speed, 4-cylinder, and just all-around awesome. there are pics in my profile. got the subaru for my 18th birthday, basically...though i'll still wind up paying for nearly all of itmine from age 18 to current.

i've driven various other vehicles that found their way through my family...a '94 GM LTD Explorer van, an '87 Bronco II (actually got it the day i was born, and would have kept it, except the engine block cracked), my sister's 2003 v-6 mustang (which she's nearly wrecked several times..i'll tell if you ask), another old van i don't really remember, a Subaru Brat, a '74 Camaro..on and on.

my family, like so many other redneck families, just went through a lot of high-mileage, used cars. lol, 4 cars may sound like a lot at 19, but when you put it in context, it's not too bad. i've also been in 5 wrecks, but only one was my fault and i was the only one involved. people just don't see little vehicles on the road.

2. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

:( I don't have a ride anymore. I use my feet. Too impractical to own a car in dowtown philly. I may get a bicycle for the exercise but it would be an electric one so I needn't pedal it ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2006
  3. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

LMAO! that's great, gerry. way to ...exercise...the...wrist? :p

4. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

I'll stick a huge plume in the helmet and use my cane as a lance and merrily joust my way about center city Philly!

5. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

sounds strangely like what i've seen on Jackass. yes, i would pay to see that happen. do it and shoot a video! ^.^

6. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

At the moment its a 2002 holden rodeo LT 4x4 dual cab with 3' suspension lift, 2' body lift and 33' tyres. Full barwork and custom stereo.

Before that it was a mitsubishi magna, had a fair bit of work done to the engine by a perth tuning mob, RPW

7. ireland

ireland Active member

MY NEW RIDE,its on order..
    trading in a 2006 Explorer

2007 Ford Explorer 4X4 Eddie Bauer 4.6L
    Control TRAC(R) Full-Time 4-Wheel Drive
    4.6L V8, 24 valve, 292 hp @ 5750 rpm
    6 speed Automatic
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2006
  8. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

well mine is the same one from further up the page and it's now on almost 138,000 miles. A fair bit along from 119,000 last November. Tune in next October or November to see if car is still on the road (suspension isn't very good these days, not surprised really). As for all the trucks featuring here, thank goodness here in UK those kind of vehicles are being taxed higher to try to get the darn things off the roads (well it's stopping some people buy them i guess). Women on school runs like them though they sit that high up i'm surprised they don't injure half the kids outside the schools from not being able to see down to ground level. If you guys like them fair enough but i have enough trouble worrying about getting between 50/60miles per gallon out of my car, costs me £54+ a week just in fuel..

Anyways, don't mean to moan (much!), I'd buy a bicycle for work if i didn't have to do 3 to 4hours a day to get to and fro on 3 motorways

9. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

deadcat: can we see piccies? pplllleeasseee!

Ireland: do you regularly trade off at model years?

creaky: piccies! let's see more piccies!

10. creaky

11. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

looks good to me ^.^

12. creaky

indeed, poor thing hasn't got a spot of rust on her though, 9yrs old and gets driven real hard; just needs an oil change (hasn't had one in about a year), some new glow plugs (very soon as it's getting real cold in the mornings), some suspension (any will do, even out of a Lego kit). oh and a vaccuum as it's an absolute shocking tip

13. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

LOL! creaky, i must say, you are a never-ending source of smiles for me.

14. creaky

no way, i make you laugh even when i'm moaning. LOL.

but it's a fair cop, i do aim to raise a few smiles most of my posts

15. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

okay, i just have to say it: did you ever see Dogma? the movie talks about the faces people make moaning at climax being a big joke in Heaven. that made my smile even more, creakster!

16. Gottawin

Gottawin Regular member

My weekend ride :[​IMG]

17. Gottawin

Gottawin Regular member

My baby girl's weekend ride:[​IMG] [​IMG]

18. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

hahahaa...nice, gottawin.

19. Gottawin

Gottawin Regular member

Thanks, she loves that little car.. ..