1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What kind of Car do you drive or hope to?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by solargame, May 11, 2005.

1. nategamer

nategamer Guest

most supercars do 17mpg or more. i also didnt say that dodge was a supercar since thats a company ofcourse who produce many muscle cars. im saying there dodge viper [the latest one]is now classed as a supercar due to its performance and sleek body. i dont play nfsu2 that often because that game isnt realistic with its performance figures and claims. i read to find out my info even though i play games, most games dont have the real performance stats except the likes of gran turismo. reading your info is a more valuable trust worthy source. and no not getting them all off the flooking internet i get most of it from magazines in shops.

dont flook with me when it comes to cars noobs

2. indienemo

indienemo Guest

K then Mr. Nate name 5 [bold] true supercars [/bold] that can do 17+ MPG... excluding Dodge Viper. Because although sleek is still a muscle car. And
    really is bullshit.. Some Masserati's and The old Jagaur V8 Sedan can perform close to that speed but they arnt supercars are they?

And I'm still waiting for that list...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2005
  3. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

nate, if that viper is getting 21+ mpg, then that's on the highway, not stopping, running in top gear at near-stall speeds. in the city, you could get about 8-12 mpg with that car...your average will probably be abou 16. your fuel economy depends just as much on how/where/when you drive a car as on what's under the hood and what transmission is bolted to what's under the hood.

4. nategamer

nategamer Guest

well yes certain jaguars are classed as supercars like the new one, i forgot its name but its relpaced the xk8/xkr i think its just called the xk8. as for 5 cars here ya go.
    1 dodge viper srt-10 [is a supercar not a muscle car, a v12 does nto make it a muscle car and neither do its past versions being muscle cars]
    2 koenigsegg ccr
    3 aston martin v12 vanquish
    4 mclaren mercedes slr
    5 jaguar xkr
    6 tvr tuscan
    7 lamborghini diablo sv
    8 pagani zonda c12 s
    9 ferrari 612 scaglietti
    10 porsche 959
    11 lotus espirit v8
    12 ferrari 355

ok i did more then 5 incase you bee hatched to me about lotus espirit not being a supercar because its a lotus even though the espirit model was a supercar, and incase u bee hatched about jaguar, tvr and maybe even the porsche.

dont flook with me when it comes to cars, im 14 but im not an ameteur

l8r noobs

5. nategamer

nategamer Guest

and i heard someone say some maseratis and some jaguar saloon do the same as the new dodge vipers performance. find me a jag or a maserati that does 195mph and 0-60 in 3.8 and ill congratulate u.

6. nategamer

nategamer Guest

and auslander thanks for ur comment about highway economy an stuff but alls i sad was there are supercars that do over 17mpg and not many do 10mpg. i didnt say were or the circumstances. given the right circumstances you could probably make a ford fiesta do 10mpg

7. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

the best a supercar would typically do is about 18 mpg, nate...and that's the simple truth.

about that viper: hell, my [bold]stock[/bold] impreza can do 0-60 in about 4.5 seconds with 165 rated hp, so i imagine a good maseratti can certainly do 0-60 in 3.8.

to get even more off topic, i wish many more american cars were manual-shift vehicles, with at least 6 gears. that could give you performance and awesome fuel economy. a perfect world, eh? lol

8. nategamer

nategamer Guest

rally cars are a different thing entirely, they ahve shorter gear changes and such which limits there top speed. notice rally bred cars dont usually have a high top speed but a quick 0-60. basically as an example an aston martin db9 could do 0-60 in 4.7 but do 196mph. however a mitsibushi evo VIII mr fq 340 could do 0-60 in 4.1 but only do 160mph

9. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

which makes me sad my car has only 5 gears. at some point, i'm hoping to put in the tranny out of an STi, though, if it all works out. i believe the engine blocks are the same, just modified differently, but i'm not sure. :p

10. nategamer

nategamer Guest

hehe well the subaru you have would only have 5gears because its not the performance model rally spec version [the wrx sti]. the cars are basically the same in appearence apart from the spoler and bonnet scoop. and they basically have teh same parts just one is tuned. its amazing what some horsepower and another gear can do.
    small changes make a big difference
    its like eating tuna flakes on a plate, ok now get them tuna flakes and put them in between 2 slices of bread. u see what i mean?

11. nategamer

nategamer Guest

wonder what indienemo will say to me saying all them supercars that do more then 17mpg. i can name more if he gets cheesed off and says some dont do it. hehe i like proving people wrong

12. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i believe the engine blocks are the same, and basically everything else is, so teh 6-speed tranny should slide right in :) i'd keep my original block, though...i'd rather modify that myself.

and you can say those cars get better than 17 mpg, but you have to remember that is under very convenient circumstances. driving for performance, one can't expect very near that.

to toss my car in again, when i'm shifting at the redline, i get about 22-23 mpg.

13. nategamer

nategamer Guest

well its not that easy to see wy the cars i mentioned could actually get 17mpg on normal roads. there highly aerodynamic and very efficient. but lets be realistic can any car doing over 160mph do much better then 17mpg. not really. the claims i made about 17mpg are practical claims and so i believe they can be reached with normal and/or highway use.

14. indienemo

indienemo Guest

Nate. 3 of those cars you mentioned arnt even super cars.. (6 tvr tuscan ,10 porsche 959 ,11 lotus espirit v8 are fast road cars/sports cars not supercars) + dodge viper is debateably a supercar.. and Its called the Jaguar XJ220, so that doesnt count either. So all in all you got 7 cars . Fair enough. I will check these out online now and check how much these will do to the gallon.

And please do not double or triple post.. its gay and it might get you banned some day..

[bold]*UPDATED: *aston martin v12 vanquish does 13MPG* - oops your wrong.

*lamborghini diablo sv does 11MPG* - wrong again.
    *Ferrari 612 does 13MPG* - i see a trend here.

Source - http://www.parkers.co.uk - most respected car buying guide in United Kingdom.. not some shitty old Top Gear wank mag.[/bold]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2005
  15. nategamer

nategamer Guest

lmao u say its gay. ok so ur judging my sexual preference by how many replies im going to post at any given time. homophobic are you?
    ok the porsche 959 is a supercar ok its one of porsches only supercars it did 0-60 in 3.7 and did 196 mph ok im sure that classes it as a bit more then a fast road car. and yes the lotus espirit is a supercar it was lotus's shot at the lamborghini countach back in the day. also be acreful which sites you look on as ive explained most only do urban use and dont do practical highway use. most of the tests they do to find out mpg is they get the car to do its top end speed or near it and then say hwo many mpg its gets and log taht in as its highway mpg. i get my stats from magazines and books.

but anyways it was nice debating with you. its ncie to see retards are at least trying to these days

16. nategamer

nategamer Guest

i knew what motherfudging car i was talking about when i said the jaguar xkr u freaking noob ok its jaguars current supercar. the jaguar xj220 is a cool supercar but it doesnt do 17mpg anyway.

a note to all mods, ban all noobs who think u dont know what i mean when i say jaguar xkr

17. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

okay, guys...the tension is escalating to levels a bit too high for here. let's stop the insults and aggression, and leave this to provable facts. no "it's gay" or "you're retarded", okay? seriously, be a bit mature...and if you can't be mature, at least be funny or cute :p

and nate, no one but the adminstrators can tell the mods what to do. i suggest you don't do it again. also, lose the "noob" comments. that's not accepted around here.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2005
  18. nategamer

nategamer Guest

top gear magazine stats for aston amrtin v12 vanquish.
    mpg 19.6mpg OOPS LOOK IM NOT WRONG U FREAKIN NOOB

lamborghini diablo sv stats from much older top gear mag, 17.5 MPG OOPS LOOK WHO ISNT WRONG AGAIN

ban all retards a.k.a indienemo

19. nategamer

nategamer Guest

honestly u come to have a nice chat about cars and some noob comes and ruins everything. :p

20. indienemo

indienemo Guest

Nate.. check my post your owned mate.