1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What kind of Car do you drive or hope to?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by solargame, May 11, 2005.

1. Darkhadou

Darkhadou Regular member

Wait a minute, who's the noob that turned this thread around ? I think you mistaken for yourself, now can we please get back on track on what car you have or hope to ?

edit-- I didn't mean your the noob, I can see you know your cars man.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2005
  2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

no more noob comments! drop that, right now. seriously, that's enough.

3. nategamer

nategamer Guest

sure you owned me indienemo ill let u think that mate.
    anywho at the topic at hand what car would u like to drive.

so far my dream car is teh 1969 ford gt40 mk4 but due to it being a le mans car i will never be able to own it road legally. at the moment im very attracted to the bently flying spur which is basically a bently continently with 4 doors and a deeper growl in the exhaust. so something or another makes it sound and feel faster apparently

4. indienemo

indienemo Guest

I havnt used the "N" word yet... :p Except if the "N" word is Nate lol.. because if that is the case Ive probably been using it waaay to much

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2005
  5. nategamer

nategamer Guest

i might make a topic about which is better ferrari or lamborghini. personally i like lamborghinis, and i only like some of the old skool ferraris i dont like any of the new ones. anyone here got an opinion on that?

6. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

imho, that thread doesn't belong here on AD, as there are several car threads all ready. it could become a poll on this one, though.

the italian cars may be quite pretty and excellent performers, but i don't really care for them. for luxury cars, i like german machinery. for muscle cars, i like american metal, especially Mopar and Chevies. for rally cars, i like subaru almost exclusively. as for supercars, i like what people build in their garages out of one of my three previous categories.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2005
  7. indienemo

indienemo Guest

Do you call Subaru's Scooby's in America?

8. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

no one else that i know of does, but i do, lol. talked about why in the Car Modding thread :D

9. indienemo

indienemo Guest

Aus... come back to my car modding thread.. I have new car and money and need advice.. check it out cos you might be able to help

10. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i'll be there in a sec!

*hops in the scooby and heads over there*

11. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

@nategamer -
    - i s'pose mine's a little old by now (1997) but the production of 306's started around '92 i think. Mine's a 92BHP model i think but has been round the clock now (which is fine cus i constantly read they're good for 250,000 miles) and i drive it very hard so it's a little tired now. (my 535i was up to 260,000 miles when i grudgingly sold it my dad, but he hardly uses it so am keeping my eye on it lol)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2005
  12. nategamer

nategamer Guest

okey smokey.
    ya know theres something i wondering about thats to do with the geneal public. the ford gt was made to compete with the lamborghini gallardo and the ferrari 360 modena.
    when it was made fords claim stats were
    0-60: 4.5 seconds
    top speed: 180mph
    then top gear got a test version of it before it came out and tried to test its actual figures, i have the magazine here somewhere so if someone wants the edition number i can tell u. so anyway they got the car and tested its performance and they got 0-60 in 3.5seconds and a top speed of 225mph.
    since them fprd changed the stats.
    0-60 3.8 seconds
    top speed: 205mph

now with these new stats confirmed and the lambo doing 190mph and 0-60 in 4.2 and the ferrari doing 186mph and 0-60 in 4.4, something makes me think perhaps the ford is too fast to have these cars as its rivals. what do u all think?

13. SeanZ0r

SeanZ0r Regular member

I usually call them subies, but scooby too.

14. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

the scooby flew on the wet, dark roads tonight...*shivers with joy*

15. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

I was watching some car show on tv last week, and they said that the engine in the new Ford GT is the same exact engine thats in the Ford Lightning.

16. nategamer

nategamer Guest

yeah its just a ford lightning but super powerful. u know the only a\merican bit about tha car is the pick up truck engibe all the rest is itallian and british

17. dan1677

dan1677 Guest

I love cars I really do but I love motorbikes more. Cheaper faster (for the money, afterall how else can you spend £5000 and go 200mph?) and just heaps more fun......afterall you can't get your knee down in a car (unless you crash it or fall out). Yes they are more dangerous but that goes with the territory (before anyone starts that debate :eek:))

I've been in a few nice cars, recently a friend of a friend took me out in his Dodge Viper RT10 (I wish it was the GTS). Very quick for something that big but not very loud at all. I love jap cars, mainly the Skyline's (R33 and R34) and also really love American Muscle cars. My fave is the Dodge Charger but I also love Shelby's Series One, Cobra and of course GT500/GT350. Of course here in England most of the cars we drive are pants (rubbish). But..........we do have the Aston Martin DB7 and DB9 of course.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2005
  18. regor

regor Regular member

I have a 1994 Harley Dyna Glide with 7K miles on it. Jet black with gold and orange pin-striping (subtle). A lot of chrome!

19. dan1677

dan1677 Guest

Nice hog you have there rigor. A mate had a 883R Sportster for a while but our roads are not straight or long enough to truly appreciate Harley's!

20. Dheff

Dheff Guest

I have a 1973 Buick Riviera with a 455hp engine and original interior....the outside is kind of beat-up, but I'm working on that as we speak ;)