1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What kind of TV should I choose.

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by SekShuN8, Sep 12, 2009.

1. SekShuN8

SekShuN8 Member

We are looking at buying a new tv, we are looking towards 65inch or higher and have 1500-2500 to spend on one. I like the look of the LED tv's but the old girl wants a Plasma tv will also be used for wii 360 and ps3 so any thoughts would be good

2. jk111uk

jk111uk Member

Dont go for plasmas, lcd and now leds gives u much more clarity,consumes
    less electricity and the life is also great.

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Do some proper research into them then decide there's plenty of articles about the differences + & -

4. mike.m

mike.m Regular member

Some people just go with Plasma because of the name, even if they never compared the quality to LCD's. There are many issues with plasma's; high reflections, burnt in image, etc.

Your right LED TV's are WAY better. Much better colour, clarity, and saves your energy bill too. The proof is there in the picture.
    Go for one that has at least 120Hz refresh rates, especially if your going to be playing games or watching fast paced movies. Go with either a Sharp or Samsung. Don't go with Sony, LG, etc.

If they are too expensive for you, I'm sure you can pick on up on Boxing Day. But here's a little tip (don’t tell anyone hehe), don't go shopping in the stores like almost everyone does at 5am on Dec 26 waiting in line for hours on end. If you don't have a credit card, get a gift card of the amount of the TV + taxes, warranty, cables, etc, that you will spend, and BUY IT ONLINE. Major retailers like FutureShop, and BestBuy, start their Boxing Day sale a few days earlier only online. Plus if you buy it online your still going to get it for the sale price even if it's out of stock, instead of going to a CRAZY PACKED store at 5am hoping you get what you want before someone else does. This is what I did last year when I bought my BD player. I still can't believe people still wait in line like idiots at Boxing Day sales. :D

5. nikila

nikila Guest

Hello friends ,,,

Are u confused to buy the T.V...........

<a href='http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f-201/what_kind_of_tv_should_i_choose-799410/'>click here to know more</a>

6. NINVIN21

NINVIN21 Regular member

Samsung LED LCD But wait for the price's to drop look for black friday deals.

you sure you want a 65''
    You would have to sit about 9-13 feet away.

7. mike.m

mike.m Regular member

Sorry, but I have to change my answer.

I've seen the latest LED LCD TV's, and man are the screen ever reflective with poor off-viewing angles. I've seen the Samsung LED 8500, and it looks amazing, IF all of the lights are turned off, and IF your sitting right in the middle. Once you turn the lights on, or move side to side, the picture quality just drops through the floor.

Go for a Samsung Plasma Series 8, most are around $2100. The colours and black levels on this TV are just amazing, even if the lights are turned on, or if your viewing it from the side, and it's nice and thin too.

Before, I've used to be bias and leaned more towards LCD's, because they WERE a lot better then Plasmas. Now it's the other way around, Plasma used to have very reflective screens, now LCD's do. In plain and short, unless companies fix the issues with LED's, go with the Plasma.

Or you can wait till OLEDS come out, but no one really knows when the larger screens are coming out, and if they will still address the issues with current LED TV's, and lower the price.

8. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Plasmas have always had the best picture, blacks, no motion lag and viewing angles. Watching a Sony LCD from an average 8 feet away one only has to move one foot off center (side to side, or up and down) and the picture colors start to degrade. With a plasma even at extreme angles the picture always looks great... and the same as dead center. Panasonic plasmas have proven to be some of the most reliable TVs ever made, besting any LCD.

They never were. LCDs have always been playing catch up to plasma.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  9. wavee1

wavee1 Guest

I recommend you try out the HDTV from Samsung. The 50 inch Plasma tv is just fantastic. And i can recommend a place where you can get the Plasma 50 inch from Samsung at less than half the price retailers put on it. Just go to http://i'manidiot.com edited by ddp and decide!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2009
  10. NINVIN21

NINVIN21 Regular member

Plasma What. You guys need to cut back on Grandpa's cough medicine.