1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What kinda processor is the fastest for DVD-RB

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by AndreL, Apr 25, 2006.

1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

that makes sense. so until more program/software starts useing more than 1 core in its apps no true speeds will be gaind until then.but hey 35 mins to do this movie is still pretty dang good. and any other that isnt so demanding will be a sinch..

2. PCH_Dude

PCH_Dude Member

All the speed I look at here is based on RB Pro, I guess the freeware version is substantially slower - actual much much slower. That's a big difference in time frame; finished material in 20-30 minutes compared to 3-4 hrs!

3. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Nope, no difference between the pro and free version in regards to speed. I've been using RB pros since its release and beta tested it before that. The prepare rebuild stages are the same on the same system regardless of free or pro version. It's the total number of frames in the movie, personal settings, number of passes, and encoder chosen by its user that makes the difference. People using CCE will have faster results than people using HC encoder.