1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Makes A Good Forum?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by IAIHMB, Aug 17, 2004.

1. IAIHMB

IAIHMB Member

My friend went in to the hosting business and I finally got a domain, so I figure I might as well put it to use. :) Hopefully you guys can answer a couple of questions for me:

1) What do you guys think makes a good forum?
    2) What do you like about these forums and what would you change?
    3) What other forums do you visit regularly, and what do you like or dislike about them?
    4) Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks alot for any replies. :)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2004
  2. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

1) A good forum is one with moderators or some sort of caretaker for the forums. Also it has to have the basic features. I recommend using one of those forum template things.

2) I love these AfterDawn forums, and there's really nothing I would change, or COULD change about it. The only thing I would change is make Dela and Cozza come back 8|

3) I visit GameFAQs and the KSA Clan forums regulary.

GameFAQs = total bullshit, no one knows what they're talking about, yet they pretend they know everything. It's a bad and crap forum, and I only use it to spread news about games.

KSA Clan forums = good place to be, but it's a Day of Defeat clan, so you get the idea.

4) Question answered above.

3. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

1. A good forum is when it's a pleasure to visit. Everybody helps each other out and nothing is taken so seriously that it causes arguments. Get the job done and have a laugh and meet new people at the same time.
    2. I like Afterdawn because its like a computer club that I can attend without washing or putting on clean clothes, because nobody can see me.
    As far as changing things goes, I think everyone should have some time away from afterdawn to chill out.
    3.I visit a computer forum called strangely enough 'Computer Forum'. Praetor is a mod there as well. An overclocking forum and a couple of motorcycle forums.
    4.Suggestions? Yes, I'd like to get paid everytime I log in to afterdawn. Wouldn't that be something.
    If I was paid according to the quality of my posts then I would be living on the streets now. Lol.

4. IAIHMB

IAIHMB Member

Edit: Skip this post for now, something went wrong. :(

Last edited: Aug 18, 2004
  5. IAIHMB

IAIHMB Member

That took a little while, but the general design is up. :p Right now I am looking for pretty much any suggestion I can get. Thanks for the input guys.

http://www.iaihmb.com/forums

6. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

What's this forum going to be about? Plus how much did you pay for vB?

7. IAIHMB

IAIHMB Member

Me and a few friends have been working on it, and accepting suggestions. The theme that seems to be suggested the most is computers, but I want to cover alot more than that. :) Right now I will just worry about the design. :p