1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What media to use with Lite-On LTR-48246S(48 24 48)

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by Acclude, Mar 13, 2003.

1. Acclude

Acclude Member

I've had a couple of cd's just work flawlessly, and the rest I get to 2-3% and it freezes up. Ive been doing searches for weeks, and no luck on what may solve this. Ive formatted the pc, updated firmware, reinstalled nero & upgraded. I still get the power calibration, or calibration error.

Problem is...Ive been using 4 kinds of CD-R(W)'s.

Memorex CD-R(white top, purple lettering)(first 10 pack came in slim jewel cases) 48x burned fine.

Then I got a 50 pack of imation which none of them will work or be read for a CD speed test in nero.

I then tried a 30 pack of memorex cdr's (silverish face, goldish bottom) Some of them work, some don't.

All the CDRW's(memorex, blue bottom white top & the 1 that came with the burner) Ive used have worked fine @ 12x.

heres the most common error http://www.nomonkeyno.net/uploads/nero error.jpg

What media are you using in this burner and what speed do you burn with. Sorry for the essay but this has been bothering me for weeks now.

Thanks for any answers...btw Ive read all the recommended CD threads, and Im gonna go try some fuji or sony.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2003
  2. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Size of that image is over 500kb! What the f*ck were you thinking when posting it to the forum?

3. Acclude

Acclude Member

I was thinking I could get some help with my question. Guess not :-/

4. Racemann

Racemann Regular member

Memorex CDRW's in the 700mb versions would not be on my list for my LiteON 52/24/52.

5. Acclude

Acclude Member

Im looking for CD-Rs I just bought some fuji, and the cheapo GQ from frys neither worked :-/ Looks like its time to email NewEgg :(

6. Racemann

Racemann Regular member

Assuming those Fuji's are Taiyo Yuden and if it doesn't work in a LiteON burner, then it might be an issue with the burner and not the media.

Unless there is a problem with the system.