1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What mod chip is easiest to install and use...and are mod chips even worth it?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by newlife, Dec 25, 2003.

1. newlife

newlife Guest

I read a lot of posts here and see that many are using different mod chips. Some are having problems...some are not.

I'm not interested in using a mod chip for anything other then to play copies of games that I have backed up. I see that many are having problems and wonder if adding a mod chip is even worth the trouble.

Any advice on what chip would be best for me is appreciated. I have xBox v1.1

By the way...I prefer a solderless mod chip. I don't want to be messing with soldering my kid's xBox and ruining the thing...however I will solder if the mod chips are better then solderless.

THANKS!

2. MikeDDR

MikeDDR Regular member

In my opinion the Chameleon Solderless is your best bet! But be aware that you'll have to network your xbox to your PC if you want to copy games or install a new dashboard.

3. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

I got an xecuter2 solderless (pogo pins) only tricky bit is making a good connection on the d0 of the xbox motherboard, a tiny blob of solder on the board helped.
    The cromwell flashbios is real easy to reflash, stick a cd in with the new bios on, and youre away.
    asking if theyre worth it?
    oh hell yea