1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what motherboard do I have

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by scall, Jan 23, 2007.

1. scall

scall Member

sometime ago I read a thread {which I can't find again} that contained programs that will identify your motherboard, sound drivers etc. One was Belarc Advisor I think, but there was another one. Which was terriffic as I tried it. It told me all drivers for everything, and where to find them. If someone could help me identify this program I would appreciate it, as now it is really needed. I have spent weeks looking for the thread again with no success. thanks to all help

2. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

everest?

3. scall

scall Member

thanks but I just looked at that one that wasn't it. The program I'm looking for gave all the information about what sound drivers, graphics drivers, modem etc was needed and things like that. See I have A friends who's computer caught some nasties and although I have fixed it the OS has gone stupid, needs a format. But his new computer [bought new] came with no discs. So I will need to find out all his drivers and get them off the net. So I will also take any suggestions on programs that will find all this information for me. The computer itself is a HP, I went to their site and all the drivers they have listed for it model is one for bios and the dvd firmware grrrrrrrrrr

4. totty68

totty68 Regular member

sisoftware sandra,try that one ;-)

5. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

that was my next guess :)

6. scall

scall Member

I know that sisoftware sandra wasn't the program, but I wonder if I did the format if it could still tell me the drivers. I know the program that I am looking for could, as I formated another friends computer and she had no disc's and that program told me what and where to find the drivers it was lacking. I am kicking myself for not making sure that I had it on a disc, or even remember part of its name, but it was on a board in here, and like i said I have looked for weeks and can't find the thread again

7. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

CPU-Z ?

8. johnnyd54

johnnyd54 Regular member

Something else you might want to do is contact HP. I had the same problem and they sent me the recovery cds free. WORTH A SHOT.

9. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

scall, what is the make & model# of that hp?

10. scall

scall Member

I contacted Hp over a week ago, still no reply to email
    the computer is a hp pavilion a1520a

11. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

12. johnnyd54

johnnyd54 Regular member

Don't wait for an email response. Get the # from the hp site and call them directly. They will send them to you if you rattle their chain. Good luck