1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Motherboard for this RAM

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Scuderia, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Scuderia

Scuderia Guest

About a month ago I got some upgrades, A new 400 watt Power supply, A (AGP) BFG 7800 GSOC GPU and, (2x) 1gb RAM sticks for my PC but low and behold the ram does not work for some jacked up reason because I have a DELL.Everthing is compatable from what I read but I have been told that Dell MB's are picky. So... after many over and over attempts at tkaeing it in and out and trying to get it to work... I blew out my processor. My 1yr old son charged at me and I droped a few screws in the case and I guess 1 got behind the processor... then I turned it on not knowing. I want replace the dell motherboard with one that is compatable with what I have and just bought. What do you all think would be the best Pentium 4 motherboard for my needs

Ok I have:
    My 4600i Dell Mini Atx case
    4-PCI cards
    1- AGP BFG 7800 GSOC
    400 watt Power supply
    2- NCP 1GB PC 3200 DDR 400 Mhz 128x64 HIGH DENSITY SUPPORTS DUAL CHANNEL

Now I have looked and looked for the best motherboard and am just not sure as I haveent got much motherboard choosing knowledge. Here is a ebay link to the memory listed I got from ebay.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270090858366
    and here is the ncp website compatabilty link.(PDF file)
    http://www.hexon.com.sg/hexon_tech/products/NCP-DDRCompatibility.PDF

Please help me as I am on a Pentuim 2 right now and it massivly bites! Also I dont have a ton of money so keep that in mind. Also I will need a new Pentium 4 cheap if anyone has a good one not in use over that is at leat a 2.8 Thanks guys

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2007
  2. dazila

dazila Regular member

go to www.crucial.com
    run the memory advisor post back what it says.

3. Scuderia

Scuderia Guest

4. dazila

dazila Regular member

First you need a motherboard.
    Ok can you give me the model of you current stuffed mainboard?

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

if your current psu is by dell than need a dell motherboard because supposedly the dell psu is wired differently & might fry the non-dell motherboard.

6. Scuderia

Scuderia Guest

this ia what belarc advisor showed the MoBoard as being last time I ran it I printed a copy:

Main Circuit Board :

Dell Computer Corp. 0F4491
    Serial Number: ..CN481113C5011Y.
    Bus Clock: 400 megahertz
    BIOS: Dell Computer Corporation A07 11/06/2003