1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What must I convert my AVI file to, in order to use DVDLab?

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by kbearmone, Mar 16, 2005.

1. kbearmone

kbearmone Member

I downloaded a couple of CSI shows from limewire.com that's in avi format. Right now, I'm using NVE to burn it. I wish I could stop there, but NVE freezes up when I add chapters, and sometimes whenever it feels like it. So I burn it w/ no chp. which takes about 4 hours. Then I take the dvd I made w/ NVE and use dvdshrink re-author to save it. I do this b/c I couldn't open the CSI avi file w/ DVDshrink. So, after I save it w/ DVDshrink, I go to DVDLab and add chapters and make my menus, since I didn't have any. And it works great. But as you can see, I do a lot of stuff, to acomplish my goal of burning a show w/ chapters and a menu from a download @ limewire. That's 2 dvds and a whole lot of time. Please tell me there's something that I can do, to convert my avi file and not go through this everytime.

2. k0k0m0

k0k0m0 Regular member

do you have the latest codecs available?

3. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

4. kbearmone

kbearmone Member

how do i find out if i have the latest codecs? i'm a newbie, those links had info over my head.

5. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Get Gspot. Open your avi in it. It will tell you exactly what video and audio codecs the movie needs, and it will tell you if you already have them or not.