1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What network is this phone?

Discussion in 'General mobile discussion' started by tegan1110, Aug 12, 2010.

1. tegan1110

tegan1110 Member

Hi all,

Today I saw a neat little samsung mobile PAYG handset half price at my local Morissons Supermarket. I think that they have had it in stock for a while because the box was rather dusty, but nowhere on the package did it say what network its on. It was a basic samsung box with IMEI and other details printed on the carton. It also had the phones number printed on it too. Im hoping that someone can Identify the intended network of the handset as if its on O2 then i will buy it for my mum who recently broke her old handset.

---

Model Number: GT-S3100 (Snow White)
    Number: 07857518724

---

So guys, any ideas? Or any suggestions as to how I might find out? I would take a punt and buy it anyways but im not sure how easy this handset is to unlock, and I dont fancy blowing £20 in on something that could be useless to me!

Regards,

Tegan1110

EDIT: I believe from a little googling, that O2 own the Prefix 07857------ but I cant be too sure!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  2. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

you might want to ask the people in the shop.the phone might not even be locked.usually its the sim card that determines what network your on and some phones have a simlock that locks you to 1 provider.

I just googled it and it didnt say anything about a simlock but its probably still better to ask in store.they should know.