1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What phones can I use for prepaid?

Discussion in 'General mobile discussion' started by godowar, Mar 2, 2010.

1. godowar

godowar Member

My two year contract will be ending in June 2010 and my wife and i want new phones, but do not want the high prices of the contract. They now offer unlimited plans for prepaid phones for almost half of what we pay now for less service. We'll probly use something like Straight Talk....

The only problem is, we want 'good' phones...like blackberrys, or voids or something like that.....so my questions are....

If we buy 2 new phones off of ebay, can we use them with a verizon prepaid plan?

Are we restricted to a certain phone?(do we need to get a verizon phone or will an alltel or any other brand work?)

(please forgive me if this has been posted, i wasnt sure what search terms to use and alls i could see was 'unlock codes'...i dont even know what a cell phone unlock code is) Basically i'm looking for noob info here, thanks so much!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  2. smith143

smith143 Guest

spam edited by ddp

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2010
  3. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

if the cell phone has a simlock chances are you cant just use any pre paid sim card.A sim lock can be removed if you take the phone to the right place and pay to have them usually around $50 or 39-79 euros (if you wear a suit and pay cash and have a chat to the manager can usually be done in 2 hours or less).if there are no locks on the phone a pre paid sim should work fine.

4. godowar

godowar Member

Thank you :)