1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what prog to rip before using RB?

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by syxbit, Nov 6, 2005.

1. syxbit

syxbit Member

i've used dvd decrypter, but i have anyDVD always running anyway. (i also bough cloneDVD)
    can i just rip the dvd with cloneDVD to vob's and will it be the same as using decrypter ?
    i say that, cause cloneDVD is quicker, and it's easier to remove audio tracks and trailers there, so i don't have to do it in RB.
    thanks

2. Weycraze

Weycraze Regular member

You need to understand the Process Clearly.

1. Decrypt

2. Rebiuld, Shrink.(not by names of apps)

3. Burn.

Yeah you may be right... Clove DVD is quicker...and RB is just as easy to use, RIGHT?

Clone DVD DOES NOT RIP, DVD Decrypter or ANYDvd do that.

Then Step 2 of the process begins.

And really M8, this is the BOTTOM LINE.

U own a 20" HD Tv>>>>>>>>>>use Clone DVD.

U own a 60" HD Tv>>>>>>>>>> ya might wanna consider DVD-RB & CCE. Period.

the quality is unsurpassible(<<<<sp?).

Cheers,

Weycraze

3. syxbit

syxbit Member

clone dvd does rip, when i have anydvd loaded i can burn to iso or to file (vob)
    isn't that the same thing as decrypter?
    the reason i would rather use clone dvd is cause it's still supported, and cause it's quicker

4. Weycraze

Weycraze Regular member

I beleive AnyDVD does the decrypting, then you use Clone. That's how I use clone. Usually the faster the process, quality is sacrificed, but that is entirely the viewer's perception.

Generally, use what works for you if your happy with the end product, I'm just a big fan of DVD-RB & CCE, the quality is outstanding.

5. syxbit

syxbit Member

i don't think you understand
    i'mi not compressing with CLoneDVD
    just ripping the full 8gb to the harddrive UNCOMPRESSED (with anydvd in the background)
    then with RB and CCE i'm making a 4.3gb iso that i burn
    so, is THAT the same as using decrypter

6. Weycraze

Weycraze Regular member

Yes, it is, Decrypter does what AnyDVD will do!!

Sorry for the confusion M8.

Weycraze

7. syxbit

syxbit Member

thanks for the help
    btw. would you recommend using clonedvd (to vob) with anydvd or decrypter (both for later use with RB and CCE)
    i know they both do the "same"
    but is it exactly the same?
    any small differences between the 2?

8. arniebear

arniebear Active member

If you use CloneDVD you will compress your movie, which is what RB is going to do, you are essentially defeating the purpose of RB. You want to rip with Decrypter or DVD Fab Decrypter or even Shrink using an uncompressed setting so you do not compress the movie.

9. syxbit

syxbit Member

sorry N00b
    you're completely wrong.
    in cloneDVD you can rip the whole thing w/o compression by choosing dvd9
    that's what i'm doing, so i think it's the same as using decrypter

Last edited: Nov 8, 2005
  10. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

I for one entirely understand what you are saying and want to know. Although dvdclone2 and dvd shrink set at no compression should rip the dvd just like dvd decrypter and dvd fab decrypter, and although not all agree it has been my experiences that they still alter (process) the files even set at no compression therefor I always rip with dvd decrypter and edit with dvdremake prior to encoding with rb/cce.

11. MovieDud

MovieDud Guest

@syxbit, I believe what you are asking is can you use clonedvd2 to handle what Decrypter, shrink, or DvdFab Decrypter does for many at ad, and yes (as long as you have AnyDvd or Dvd 43 in the background or RegionFree and CSS Free in the background) otherwise CloneDvd2 cannot decrypt a Dvd (that's what happened with 321 Studios--having a Ripper program as a part of their X Copy Platinum...and as Dvd Cloner 2 has as well). Does it affect or change the quality of video...eye in the beholder. I have been using decrypter or shrink to handle my pre processing, allowing me to remove (as in shrink or recode) the credits and anything else then run as no compression or Dvd 9 then use Rebuilder Pro/CCE Basic...simply awe-some quality. For copys that are above 80% I will use Recode 2 or CloneDvd2. Just experiment and see what programs provide you the highest quality on your viewing system. I have used Decrypter and place the files on HD and then used Rebuilder in Movie Only mode and that does great, except that with shrink or recode 2 or Remake Pro you have the option of removing the credits...which can greatly add more quality for the movie when the credits are removed. Just my experience. Hope we have helped you.
    MovieDud