1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What program is best to use to back up my xbox games?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Kim_J, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Kim_J

Kim_J Guest

:eek:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2004
  2. andres200

andres200 Regular member

for ps2 games use nero
    for xbox games you need to be able to run Evolution X so you can ftp to the xbox
    you need to ftp them over to your pc, create an xiso and burn them

3. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

yea dont even try to try to make a xbox backup just on your pc, cant be done with a retail xbox game, so forget dvd decrypter etc.

When you ftp and get the game files to your xbox
    first you gotta make sure youre doing the xbox iso right
    the best ISO image making programs out there are craxtion and qwix, both are very good.
    Also make sure youre ot burning them too fast,
    3rd make sure that your xbox can read the media you are using (dvd+r/-r and the brand of media)
    I mentioned elswhere on the forum that the 2 brands of media I have had success with on all types of xbox dvd drive are sony dvd-r (oem type) and ritek dvd-r
    the type of software you use to burn is mostly a matter of choice, a lot do the job, I personally use STOMP RECORDNOW MAX and burn the iso as data, not lost a disc yet.
    Make sure forst that the xbox iso is ok
    A good way to do this is burn to a dvdrw, that way you arent wasting any discs. Then if thats ok, get readable media for your xbox (depending on your drive brand) and try a burn
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Is it true Michael Jackson speaks Marklar?[/small]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2004