1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what program is good for live radio recording

Discussion in 'Audio' started by prototype, Dec 28, 2002.

1. prototype

prototype Member

i am looking to record live radio braodcasts from the net and put them onto my HDD for mp3 conversion, cd burning, editing and what not, what program is most user friendly and best quality

2. aqua

aqua Guest

You can use Cool Edit 2000. It's a really good recording software. You can download a shareware version at www.cooledit.com

3. seang

seang Member

Try Loop Recorder (www.looprecorder.de), it can record continuously or in loop mode which is basically like a buffer of audio (mine is set to 10 mins). You can then use a built in tool to cut sections out from this buffer, apply fades and encode into mp3 using lame. You can do all this while the buffer is still running.

Works a treat for saving a tune you heard on radio/tv within your the specified period.

4. prototype

prototype Member

thanx for answering this thread, i downloaded and installed have cool edit pro but its user face isnt so easy to de-cypher, i will try the loop one you mentioned.

can you give details on how to use cool edit pro for recording live radio...?
    like step by step....?

either way thanx for helping :)

5. S-470TR

S-470TR Member

I do this quite a bit. I have Cool Edit Pro 2.0, but the programs should be similar. Open Cool Edit, select File, New, and choose 44khz 16-bit stereo. Under options, select "Monitor Record Level". You'll have to open your Recording Level from the Control Panel (Windows 98) to adjust the record volume. In the Record Control box, select Wave, and adjust your volume until the record levels in Cool Edit average around -6dB, but don't exceed -3 or -2 dB. When the record level is set, click stop, then click record in Cool Edit. Stop is the green square icon, and record is the red circle. Save this in a folder when complete, and you have your wave file.

6. prototype

prototype Member

awesome thanx man, i am running cool edit pro 2.0 also with the upgrade they offered that was 19MB

i am also running xp pro not 98 if that makes any difference if not then i will follow the directions you posted

and thanx again

jonny