1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what program will split a dvd9 to 2 dvd5s?

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by showan, Feb 23, 2005.

1. showan

showan Regular member

Hey everyone.

I'm trying to find a user-friendly program to split a dvd9 onto dvd5s and that will do so without much hassle. I am familiar with the dvd shrink method which is cool and all, except that I would like to have functioning menus for these dvds. DVDSHrink apparently can't do this so I looked up some info ona program called DVD95Copy. This sounds like an awsome program and will do what I want. I was wondering if anyone has this program and knows where I can download it. Please message me either public or privately. Thanks.

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

DVDFab, Nero's Recode2 are two others - the list is long.

BTW I KNOW you were looking for a legal download and it can be had if you "Google."

Even suggesting what you were suggesting s/b done in a PM - unless you don't like it here . . . . BUT I know you didn't mean anything illegal.

Cheers,

Pete

3. showan

showan Regular member

I haven't heard of those programs you've mentioned. In your opinion which one do you find to be the easiest to use for splitting a movie onto 2 disks? I tried reading a guide from someone named Doom9 a while ago and his guide was talking about doing it manually. I didn't understand a word of it!!! I was hoping to find something that was easier to use. DVD95Copy sounded pretty easy but I was wondering if there was anything better.

That Nero's recode thing is totally separate from Nero Burning Rom I'm assuming, right?

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Showan,

Nero has about 8 or 9 different programs Burning ROM is one and so is Recode2 - If you go to my sig and then to the guide that says DVD Decrypter and Recode2 you'll see how to use Recode in it's edit mode. Just clip the movie in 1/2 and put 1/2 on each disc (you may well be able to put the entire movie on a single disc and the extras on another :)

As you've looked up DVDFab I thought you'd like that as it does it automatically - again, not a good program but it fit's your request and is better than DVD95Copy.

You asked for suggestions and I gave them - there haven't been too many good things written about DVD95Copy BUT it is your money -

Just a silly question though - Why did you want to split a DVD when for the most part 99.9% of the movies can be put on a single disc without any difference that can be noticed by the naked eye ?

Pete

5. jwo62

jwo62 Member

dvd95copy is an awsome program. I have used most of the so called one click programs and this one is my favorite,closely followed by dvd2one. it does every thing. it rips,process's and burns. you can remove unwanted titles and still keep the menu. it splits too. in fact the only thing it doesnt do is join. for what you get out of this program,the 40$ price tag is practicaly free. and the support is GREAT,as long as you have a legal copy.

Jim

http://www.dvd95copy.com/

6. jwo62

jwo62 Member

and it does arccos discs

Last edited: Mar 11, 2005
  7. sadsac

sadsac Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2005