1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What programs can author DAO (continuous) audio CD?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by timg11, Dec 24, 2009.

1. timg11

timg11 Member

I have used Sound Forge 4.5 and CD Architect for years to author CD that have a continuous, unbroken audio track. It allows me to insert track numbers for navigation. (For example live recordings)

I am migrating to Windows 7, and I cannot install Sound Forge any more. (More specifically, I can install Sound Forge 4.5 off the original CD, but I cannot install the 4.5g update required to use ATAPI CD burners. It says Sound Forge is not installed).

SF4.5 is getting pretty old, so maybe it's time to move on. What other software has the ability to preview an 80 minute audio WAV file and insert track markers?

2. scum101

scum101 Guest

audacity

3. timg11

timg11 Member

I use Audacity, but I didn't know Audacity had that capability - thanks for the tip.

The process is quite a bit more cumbersome than CD Architect, but it seems like it would work (although I haven't tried it yet).
    The details are here for anyone following this.

4. scum101

scum101 Guest

It's not more "cumbersome" .. It takes me about 2 minutes to insert track markers and tags into a continuous exact rip. It's just different.. that's all. You can even set it to search for silence (below a user specified threshold) and get it to drop markers in for you... though I always prefer to scan through myself because I don't like "automatic" things.