1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what programs to cut out certain scenes

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by sinfolmat, Jul 6, 2007.

1. sinfolmat

sinfolmat Member

I am not sure if this is the proper area in the forums, but basically I am trying to figure out what program I should use if I want to take a dvd ripped on my hard drive and cut out and encode small portion of it. I am just wondering what program would be best for keeping this process fast and simple. I am looking to have the scenes encoded as either xvid/divx or in a format that could go straight onto a dvd

2. attar

attar Senior member

DVD Shrink in Re-author mode allows limited, editing.
    Open the movie folder, click 'Re-author', drag 'Title 1' from right to left pane then click the 'Set start and end frames' symbol.
    Edit as required then 'Backup'
    'Target Device' / 'Select backup target'

http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/
    Download, install and run.

3. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

FairUse Wizard has a source range setting and can encode via Xvid or DivX. Requires a DVD or an ISO as input though. Still DVD Shrink I don't think is frame accurate.

4. timmins99

timmins99 Member

TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress has everything for editing video files.

Also VirtualDubMpeg2 or VirtualDubMod has some editing tools.

5. jony218

jony218 Guest

If you you want fast editing/encoding of VOB files with frame accuracy, try the demo of VideoReDoIt.
    I've actually used this program to reedit an entire movie dvd (removing the scenes I didn't like) and saving the new improved version "staying in audio sync". When you edit the scenes you don't want and you press save,it will save the new VOB file without reencoding "usually 2 or 3 minutes" and your done. Usually in editing your first save might not be perfect, with this program you can keep going back and reediting within minutes instead of waiting hours.The Demo I think will only allow you to save a maximun file of 30 minutes.

It's always best to edit the files in their native form before you convert them to XVID or DIVX so you won't have audio sync problems.

http://www.videoredo.com/

6. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Well when converting you can also use AVISynth to edit on the fly as you encode. No resaving any intermediate files that way.