1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What really happened? *SPOILERS for REVOLUTIONS*

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Toiletman, Nov 17, 2003.

1. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

I guess you figured out by now I was talking about the ending.

My Theory is that Neo or the machines restarted the whole Matrix, but the Archeteict (pardon my spelling) is going to free all the people. Therefore, the Matrix would have no purpose, and therefore a program without a purpose would be deleted.

But if everyone was freed, wouldn't there be no fuel for the machines?

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

So the Matrix would self-terminate? Not likely hehe

3. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

The other theory is that since Smith was supposed to be Neo's opposite, the equation would be

Neo (+ 1) Smith (- 1) = 0. Therefore the equation would be balanced....

4. acoronado

acoronado Guest

well actually it was Neo(+1) and (Smith(-1)x 1,000,000,000) or however many people there were in the Matrix......remember that Smith copied himself

the architect said himself in reloaded that if the people are freed or killed the machines are willing to accept certain levels of existance.......also only the people that wanted to be freed would be

Neo is dead and as for the Oracle and the little girl......??????...that one i haven't figured out

5. hk2npck

hk2npck Regular member

I personally didnt understand it fully....but a friend told me that there was alot of underlying stuff....like the artiect is god and the french man is the devil...but back to the ending of revolutions....when the machines hooked neo up to the matrix....why? why did they do that....they were out to blow up zion in the first place...and kill all the humans....why didnt they just kill neo?

6. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

1. When the 'original' smith entered Neo, the machines killed Neo to kill Smith(s).
    2. The machines made a deal with Neo (Smith for Zion). Hence they didnt destroy Zion.

7. dgoulston

dgoulston Member

ok ok there is a lot of ifs and maybes over the net about this, but no full on answers.

the computers made the deal with neo otherwise mr smith would have spread throughout the matrix (a virus) eventually bringing it down. so the only way the computers could survive was to agree to not destroy zion and roam in peace with the humans if neo could save the matrix. which he did by sacrificing him self.

some forums do state that neo still lives on in the matrix in soul but i have no idea about that, maybe that is something to ask the creaters of the matrix.

im curious to what happened to all the people taken over by mr smith becasue it seemed it was the full matrix, or as prev stated the matrix cud have been restarted.

regards
    DAL

8. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Wow, nice theory. But that still doesn't explain why the Machines would free all the people since Neo had already die. If everyone wanted to be freed, then the machines wouldn't be able to live off them right? And so they would "die"!

I have another interest point. I don't think the machines have any control over the matrix apart from entering programs into it, since otherwise they would have prevented Smith from taking over the Matrix.

9. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

The Matrix will n3v3r b3 0ver!!

P.S. Do you think the Agents speak l337?