1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what reciver to buy or is mine ok kenwoodvr-6070 thx 100wx6

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by joshmack, May 31, 2005.

1. joshmack

joshmack Guest

i have infinty alpha 50 tower speakers 200watts rms a piece and two rear optimus 10inch speackers that sound good bleave it or not my problem is that when i have it loud the reciver shuts off is my reciver not powerful enough or what what do i need to buy i plan on buying two 15inch vegas which are like 400watts a piece what reciver will handle this where do i buy and how do you rate my reciver and tower speackers please

2. jetyi83

jetyi83 Regular member

your receiver isnt bad. i might have picked something a little different at that price, but should be able to handle these speakers according to its specs. Make sure its not overheating from lack of ventilation. you need to have at least 5 inches of clearance over the top of the receiver so it can cool down properly.

i dont know what your budget is, but the best receivers in your price range would probobly come from onkyo, HK, denon, pioneer, yamaha, or marantz.

infinity makes ok speakers, id probobly steer away from the vegas, you could find something better for a better deal. just get a subwoofer if you need that big of a woofer in your speaker. It would sound much better to get a speaker that can hit highs and mids accurately and get a subwoofer to handle all the lows. If you want an all in one speaker, you can get a paradigm monitor 90p's.. or something like that.