1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHAT"S THE MEANING OF LIFE?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by vgaddict8, Apr 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vgaddict8

vgaddict8 Guest

AH!!!!!!!!!!! Life is kicking my A** too much. I can't take it anymore!!!!!!!!! What's the point of life?

2. ireland

ireland Active member

i hope this helps..

What's the point?

Music and lyrics by Patrick J. Morris, DVM, DACZM as "n of one"

Every day at dawn, we sever pleasant dreams,
    To hook up with reality, overloaded with routines,
    Brush your teeth, brush your hair, pick out something nice to wear,
    Go to work, work with jerks, and even if you get some perks,
    You still end up wasting time, wasting money, wasting life,
    You're always running!
    And it's enough to drive you straight to the fricking looney joint,
    So you owe it to yourself to stop and ask, What's the point?

Life goes by too fast, no time for dreaming,
    Why don't you pause to ask, what is the meaning?
    What's the point of anything, what's the point of anything, what's the point of anything?

What's the point of working when you can't pay your bills,
    Or of voting when our leaders got their hands in all the tills,
    What's the point of freeways that jam up all the time,
    And what's the point of playtime, when everything's a crime?

What's the point of anything, what's the point of anything,
    Life sucks, then you die, don't you bother asking why,
    Bang your head against the wall, no one catch you if you fall,
    And all you think and say and do, and all you feel and dream,
    What's the point of anything, what's the point of anything, what's the point of anything?

So what's the point of anything, it's that there is not point,
    Life is life, it's what it is, for the taking and all that shit,
    You wanna know what I think really is the meaning,
    I think it's simply just to be a better human being,
    Life's tough enough without trying to be "all that,"
    So just be yourself, and be chill with it,

And remember, there is no point in anything,
    And there's certainly no point in asking,
    "What's the point?"

What's the point? Here it is. A few years before a friend of mine died, he said, "Life is a wonderful experience. It's marvelous to see that God keeps nature going in its pattern. It's wonderful to know that we're here to love God above everything and to love our neighbor as ourselves.
    Life can be depressing when God is left out.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2006
  3. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Well, I don't believe in God as such, I am extremely happy, I love my job, my friends, my family & my life.

What else do I need?

I do have a leaning to the spiritual side though......

Each to their own, as long as it does not affect me.

4. ireland

ireland Active member

i do not know you,but i care about you,thats why i posted to you
    ireland

The Meaning of Life

Let's step back a moment...

Why do you want to know the meaning of life?

Often people ask this question when they really want the answer to some other question. Let's try and get those people back on track with some "pre-meaning of life" advice:

* If you're questioning the meaning of life because you've been unhappy and depressed a good bit, click here.
    http://users.aristotle.net/~diogenes/unhappy.htm
    * On a related note, if you want to know the meaning of life because you feel useless and worthless, click here.
    http://users.aristotle.net/~diogenes/worthles.htm
    * If you want to see our answer so that you can prove your intellectual prowess by poking holes in it, click here.
    http://users.aristotle.net/~diogenes/intellec.htm
    * If something awful just happened to you or someone you care about and you don't understand why bad things happen to good people, click here.
    http://users.aristotle.net/~diogenes/badthing.htm
    * If you would like to help the world but most of the rest of the world seems completely insane, click here.
    http://users.aristotle.net/~diogenes/insane.htm
    * If you wonder why there is so much hatred in the world, click here.
    http://users.aristotle.net/~diogenes/hate.htm
    * If you wonder why there is so much violence in our society, click here.
    http://users.aristotle.net/~diogenes/violence.htm
    * If you really don't care about the meaning of life, you're just surfing and ended up here, click here.
    http://users.aristotle.net/~diogenes/surfin.htm
    If after perusing the questions and side issues above, you're still wondering what life is really all about, you may be ready for the next step in this exposition on the meaning of life. Of course, if you're like most people, you've read all of the above links and now you want to find out what bombast the authors of this site will spew next, so click on to:

click here
    http://users.aristotle.net/~diogenes/meaning1.htm

5. ~RoNin~

~RoNin~ Regular member

Happyness and Love are my meanings of live.... oh and to snowboard.

6. vgaddict8

vgaddict8 Guest

If god loves everyone so much, why did he create different races. Why didn't he just create everyone witht the same color, that way color won't really matter. Because in real life, color does matter. And what does god say about going to college and being taught bull sh*t?

7. vgaddict8

vgaddict8 Guest

Philosphy is bull sh*T!!! I have a philsophy minor and i still don't know jack sh*T. Aristole, socrates,and all that crap is just useless bull sh*t. Why don't Aristole think deep and critical thoughts about unemployment.

8. ~RoNin~

~RoNin~ Regular member

This may be the least intelligent thing I've read in a long time ...

If you think Aristotle and Socrates is useless bull you didn't pay attention in class.

9. ireland

ireland Active member

you do not seem to understand the real meaning of life,i posted some stuff above did you read it,

i had ups and downs in my life,but i would give a billon dollars to live it all over just like it was..because i love this life..earth is heaven,dead is dead meaning as to never see your love ones and friends again.

as for the color of people,its whats in your personally that counts for me,not color..

10. vgaddict8

vgaddict8 Guest

Your color affects your personality. Personality doesn't mean anything. If you are fat and old, no one will give a sh*t how nice you are. The only thing that matter is how you look. Philosophy is bullsh*t!! Even philosphers tell you that it's bullsh*t!! Life is bullsh*t!!!! The world is bullsh*t!!! THERE IS NO JUSTICE IN THE WORLD!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2006
  11. ireland

ireland Active member

i say get professional help!
    see ye,by

12. ~RoNin~

~RoNin~ Regular member

I say ireland is right.

ta

13. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

"Philosophy" is greek for "the love of wisdom". Do you not see the paradox in your words and questions? In saying that "philosophy is bullsh*t", you've just made a value judgement and value judgements are, by leaps and bounds, the most prolific of all philosophical actions. That assho** Aristotle revealed the obvious when he said you can't really learn anything until you admit ignorance in the matter. You ask a question when you've already decided on your own unequivocal answer. No answer will satisfy you save for an affirmation of your own conclusions.

14. vgaddict8

vgaddict8 Guest

I AM A IDOIT!!! I AM SORRY EVERYONE!!! Especially to Ireland. Sorry for wasting this thread and especially Ireland's time for that huge post with the lyrics. I AM RETARDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. lenarkim

lenarkim Guest

... meaning of life ?????

>>> just be thankful <<<

hundreds if not thousands in other parts of the world longed to have another more day to live. it may be due to disease, malnutrition and or insurgencies/civil wars. we may be some of the luckiest to be able to have this luxury of the internet/computers or electricity.

,.... a nice day to everyone.

16. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

vgaddict8,

Just calm down, buddy. College is a stress for all of those who go..

Life has it's ups & downs, my friend. You just have to take the rough with the smooth -- you'll find your way.

And I am not religious, but I do believe there is a God.

Things that make me happy are family close friends & the girlfriend. They are all that matter to me in this world. I could care less if the whole world is against me and I lose everything.. so long as I have them, I have a reason to be living.

17. coolGray

coolGray Regular member

and u should Lethal......way to go!

18. _NOVA_

_NOVA_ Member

Heres something i believe...

I believe that the challenge to life is to keep on going and not quit.
    Suicide is the easy way out..living and continuing to live is the drive that helps you keep on living.

Nothign else to it...

19. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Saying suicide is the "easy way out" is a cop out answer. Some people may not have the strength to carry on with what life has burdened upon them.
    Just this week, a woman jumped off a bridge with her 12 year old autistic son, his body was found, hers has not yet.
    He was getting more difficult to look after, she could not cope. It is dead easy for someone to pontificate if they have not been in that situation. Even if you have been in that situation you still would have no right to comment, because everyone is different. Different people cope with matters their own way, not your way. Others have absolutely no right to criticise those who cannot cope. Bully for you if you can, that does not make you a better person.
    I feel sorry that the mother could not get proper help coping with her son, I am sorry she could not talk to anyone. In her last phone call, she said she had failed as a mother, I think that is heartbreaking. I know the rest of her family & friends will be upset, but where were they when she needed them? They all knew the child was hard work, what did they do to help?
    I helped a friend a while ago, I did it because nobody else would, everyone else had given up, except me. But I did not do it to seek glory or adulation, I did it because I had & wanted to. It was hard, but I did it. To see that person back on track is more "reward" than I could ever wish for.
    If you don't have friends then you have nothing, they are the most important thing in my life.

20. vgaddict8

vgaddict8 Guest

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    " If you don't have friends then you have nothing, they are the most important thing in my life. "

-------------------------------------------------------------------

No...Master Pulsar....Friends with BENEFITS are the most important thing in life. LOL!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.