1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what;s with the black screen

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by strings41, Jun 23, 2003.

1. strings41

strings41 Member

I have backedup 12 of my games. 5 work like a charm. 7 are either showing a black screen at startup and going no further or the first image and going no further. I made ISO images and burned with NERO. and everything siad successful. The ones that are ok are: DOA3, Agent Under Fire,Tiger Wood 2003, spiderman, hulk, and Frogger. The ones that messed up are:Enter THe Matrix, Legends Of Wrestling 2, Wolfenstein, Nightfire,Indiana Jones, etc.

Can someone tell me what the deal is? Is this a patching problem that I have been reading about? How do I fix it?

2. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

i have 4 of the ones that are on your messed up list backed up just fine. try getting craxtion and patch the xbe's, it's also a nice xISO maker. with wolfenstein oyu have to patch all 4 xbe's if i remember correctly.

3. roccy82

roccy82 Member

Yes im pretty sure this is a patching problem. Download craxtion, type download craxtion in a search engine and you'll find it easily. Install it on your computer, download updates for it first as it is missing some files first off. Then simply grab the default.xbe file and put it on your computer. Open up craxtion, go to the tools menu and click on XBE Patcher. Then its done! Then copy that default.xbe back onto your xbox or with your ISO images and everything should be fine!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2003
  4. wongie_jm

wongie_jm Regular member

make sure all "in game reset" are turned off. Worked for me!!! Cheers