1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what should i do with my money?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by kinza, Jul 23, 2005.

1. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

ragepro, man, you need to cool it on these double posts. if your connection or computer keeps screwing up, open a new tab or window and check to see if your post showed up! also, there is an "edit" function for your posts. you don't have to type the same thing with a few more words added.

*edit* see, edited post. very easy.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2005
  2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i just made a suggestion to RagePro in another thread

and what i did with my money today was buy a Nintendo Gamecube - Mario Kart just gets better and better, wowser!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2005
  3. kinza

kinza Regular member

i get my PDA today!!

4. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

What can you do with pda?

EDIT: Kinza did you say you are 15. Why don't you spend money on the drivers ad. That's what i did. $250

Last edited: Aug 2, 2005
  5. kinza

kinza Regular member

pda, well im really organized first of all, second its kinda more like a multimedia thing. it has a camera, 1.2 mp, has bluetooth, plays mp3's and what not. it'll be entertaining :)

i figure my parents will teach me how to drive, i kinds already know how to, ive done it in pakistan before where the police doesnt really care. if you ask me, pakistan's roads are waay more rough than america's. most of the roads dont have the painted lanes

6. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

So your going to wait untill your 18 to drive.

7. kinza

kinza Regular member

i have to take driver's ed? if i have to my parents will pay for me because they want me to drive

8. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

You are lucky. I wish my parent paid for my driving school and give me a car to drive with to school.

9. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Since I left school, in 1982, I have only borrowed £100 ($180?) from my mother. I have had to pay for everything myself. If I wanted something, I paid for it! Simple as that!

Made me appreciate money & life is not a free ride! Kids are so spoiled today, they get their parents to pay for EVERYTHING. No wonder we are in a world full of greed & selfishness.

Especially as there are people in Niger who have not eaten properly for 9 months. That makes me sick to the pit of my stomach. The film companies will happily pay so called "film stars" $25million, footballers are paid £100 000 per week. And there are millions starving to death. To see a small child clinging onto its' life is a very powerful thing. How do these executives sleep at night?

I feel ashamed to be part of "civilisation"

Bush summed it up in one sentence;

"the haves & the haves more"

That is possibly the most shameful thing I have ever heard from a so called "leader".

But the rest of the worlds leaders just follow suit. They do absolutely nothing about these crises.

Pulsar

Last edited: Aug 2, 2005
  10. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

kinza, it's really best for a professional to teach you to drive versus having your parents teach you. everyone picks up little bad habbits behind the wheel, but your parents are far more likely to pass them on to you. also, they usually don't have the updated information a driving instructor will.

if you get the chance, to prove my point, ask them where on the wheel you should position your hands if you have airbags in your car. if they say "10 and 2", and you use that in an airbag-equipped car, you're in trouble. the way airbags are shaped causes a bag to snap your forearms in the middle as it expands when they are at 10 and 2. dual casts aren't pretty. in such a case,"9 and 3" is the right way to go.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2005
  11. kinza

kinza Regular member

@pulsar: I know you're not telling me specifically, but...I'm not greedy, I worked hard for my money and I deserve the money. I know there are people starving in the world but how much can we donate? I have donated money numerous times before but there is so much to do in developing countries. Bush has been and is an awful president, I doubt the US would have been different with Kerry but at least it would have been a change.

@Auslander: I don't know if I'm going to take Driver's Ed, it's a no-brainer for some people but my parents are great drivers. I know you never know when you can get into an accident but I'm a pretty safe driver.

12. pulsar

pulsar Active member

@ kinza, I was not having a go at you. I apologise for any offence caused. I can assure you it was NOT my intention.

Pulsar

13. kinza

kinza Regular member

yeah that why i said it in the first line of the response

14. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I realise that, but I wanted to make sure! All's well & good in Afterdawn land!

Kind regards,

Pulsar

15. Ragnarok2

Ragnarok2 Guest

If i were you...id get a stripper or two and have me a nice time. then take the strippers out to lunch to White Castle. Thats how I roll.

16. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

i still say we tip the mods ;)
    in fact, hey everyone at aD paypal me $1, but this only applies to registered members.....ALL registered members :)

cha chiiing, and i promise i'll make a thread titled "what should i do with my $300,000?" so you'll feel like you're getting your money's worth.

17. kinza

kinza Regular member

we can split it darth, ill be buying my lamborghini for my 16th birthday

18. Dude2099

Dude2099 Regular member

Darth if i was you id start up a thread about that you'd prolly be quite surprised, can you paypal for just a dollar?

19. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

yeah you can paypal $1, i dont think the boss would really be to happy if i started a thread soliciting donating, but if you feel like you wanna donate, i can PM you my paypal info :)

20. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i've bought about £200 of DVD's (mainly martial arts and anime). i asked the guy in the dvd shop to ban me to stop me spending but he wouldn't :(

and bought a Gamecube, wicked little machine