1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what should i do with my money?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by kinza, Jul 23, 2005.

1. kinza

kinza Regular member

well i got the pda and am now in the process of adding videos and games and more cool stuff like that. any good sites in mind? is there any one program that will convert dvd-video to divx?

2. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

3. kinza

kinza Regular member

thanks, i was checking on the website and it turns out dr divx was replaced by divx converter, i downloaded the free trial and ill keep you posted. in the meantime, is there any free divx player for the palm os?

4. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

What's the differce with psp and pda? Is pda better.

5. kinza

kinza Regular member

A PDA is something totally different. By definition, PDA stands for Personal Digital Assistant. PDAs are pocket-sized electronic organizers (if you've ever used a Franklin Planner or any similar kind of paper bound organizer, you get the general idea). You'll also hear the names Pocket PC, Handheld Organizer, or Palms. Pocket PCs are typically PDAs that use the Windows CE Operating System. 'Palms' are PDAs that run on the Palm Operating System. Other PDAs use their own proprietary OS, such as the RIM Blackberry.

6. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

Can't you leave notes with PSP?

7. kinza

kinza Regular member

I dont know, all I know is that a PDA is what suits me.

@nelswick:
    I tried the dvix converter and user interface is pretty easy but the program is so basic and it doesnt tell how much it time is remaining until the encoding is completed.

8. thecraigc

thecraigc Regular member

yeah i was going 2 get a PDA but then decided not 2, as i found a nokia 6670 on ebay for £151, so i got that instead coz its just like a PDA

!!thecraigc!!

9. Dude2099

Dude2099 Regular member

You could give Auto Gordian Knot ago for your encoding, didnt like DR.Divx looked for something else and found this prog very easy to use and better results than Dr.DIVX.

10. kinza

kinza Regular member

can u guide me through encoding with gordionknot?

11. pulsar

pulsar Active member

@ nelswick, Man that moving sig is REAL annoying! It is almost impossible to look at ANYTHING else on the screen when that logo is going back & forth.

Pulsar

12. kinza

kinza Regular member

yeah, same here, i was staring at it for a couple of minutes after pulsar mentioned it

13. Dude2099

Dude2099 Regular member

@ Kinza

Okie Dokie
    What you want to do is Rip your DVD using DVD Decrypter in IFO mode, to a new folder on your comp. To the right hand side itll have a window with VTS_01 at the top if there are multiples, majority of the time the main movie file is the first one. Its got the times next to them anyway so youll get the idea. Then click the rip button. Once its finished go to Gordian Knots, select DVD input on the top left hand side and point the input directory to where you ripped your files. Then select where you want your output file :)
    Then select what audio track (if there is different languages on the dvd) select what size you want, taking quality into consideration and then click start :-D Silly me writing all this when there is a guide in the Guides Thread :p But ive written all this now so im going to post it :-D

Last edited: Aug 10, 2005
  14. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

For the older guys and gals...buy some land. Trust me it's very profitable. Especially just outside of small cities because it's just a matter of time before expansion takes place and the govt. wants to bid on your space becasue they want to build a new 5 story mall.

15. kinza

kinza Regular member

dude2099, i went through all the steps and after encoding i ended up with 2 video clips, a .ac3 file, two avisynth scripts, and a .d2v file. i played the video clips in wmp and both show just a green box

16. kinza

kinza Regular member

what if the audio and video are out of sync?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2005
  17. kinza

kinza Regular member

back to where i started a year later, except this time i have 500 dollars. just got a new camera, sold my pda, and need a new mp3 player/pvp. i was thinking the creative vision m, what do u guys think?

18. Darkhadou

Darkhadou Regular member

Vision M? Perfect- I love mine, had to choose between PSP or Vision M. Can't think of anything else to recommend.

19. kinza

kinza Regular member

the only thing that worries me, how thick is it and is the screen big enough to see video? im not blind or anything but its getting hard to choose between this and the cowon a2.

20. Darkhadou

Darkhadou Regular member

Screen is fine- get's irritating only if you put in your pocket while sitting down since it can jab at your leg- apart from that the visuals seem fine to me, even for subtitles. But I tend to take it anywhere and then hook it up with a TV or projector.