1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what should i do with my money?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by kinza, Jul 23, 2005.

1. kinza

kinza Regular member

alright, im almost about to get it. one more thing, do u have a case for it? i need like an armband type case, but i notice that most of them are silicone and im not a big fan of unsecure cases.

2. Darkhadou

Darkhadou Regular member

I- personally- don't have the armband one, I have a flexiskin case with belt clip.

3. kinza

kinza Regular member

4. Darkhadou

Darkhadou Regular member

It's the same kind, but mine is black and WITH the clip. But the flexiskin thing is corect.
    Gonna go sleep now *yawn* hope all goes well for ya.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2006
  5. kinza

kinza Regular member

ok guys, i have money to spend...yet again. this is actually a pretty useful thread. i have $150 and i have no idea what to do with it. last resort i might buy some clothes. so, tell me what to do!

6. ireland

ireland Active member

kinza

send the money to me and i will test buy something if its ok i will tell ye about it..and then ye can start saving ye money all over to buy it...

7. thecraigc

thecraigc Regular member

buy a nice pair of shoes.

women and their shoes.

8. kinza

kinza Regular member

u want me to paypal it to u? im gonna need ur email for that, be careful where u post it :p

9. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i would buy stock in a small company and let it sit...$150 is enough to get a good chunk of stock in a startup company and not so much that if you lose it you're out on your ass.

buy a small amount of gold/platinum. the value continually grows.

figure something to make your money work for you, so you have more to spend later on. or, put it up for something big: add it to a car fund, college fund, etc.

then again, my advice is based on currently being a poor college student, and therefore having to live a very utilitarian lifestyle. if you're just looking to get pure entertainment out of it, others probably have better advice.

10. kinza

kinza Regular member

haha...i can't sympathize with u auslander. i totally rely on my parents for everything and im cool with it. that's basically why i always have a bunch of money sitting around.

i wish i could buy more shoes, but now it seems like a waste of money. and im also running out of gadgets to buy...this is tough.

11. ireland

ireland Active member

as soon as i open this e-mail account ye all can send ye money to me
    and then i will post me address so ye can mail the money to me....i do like 50 dollar bills
    [​IMG]
    here
    theirishguythatlovesmoney@cogalway

12. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Auslander...on my return to Philly yesterday, I had the misfortune of sitting directly in front of this annoying, chatty and seriously giggly female college freshman (methinks)who thought she could do anything she wanted because daddy put $40,000. into her account (i don't know what type of account). You need to get your daddy to do that too! (I thinkk my daddy gave me $40.00 LOL! I'd bet anything that this girls 40g's aint gonna last too long!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2006
  13. kinza

kinza Regular member

well the catch is that i never spend money on larger things. i still haven't taken driving classes or have a car or a job or a brain... the list goes on.

14. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

lol, gerry, even if he could, i wouldn't accept it. i don't like having what i haven't worked for and earned myself. my parents have helped me to extraordinary levels in innumerable ways, but if i'm going to survive this world, i'm going to do it myself. and i try to only surround myself with like-minded people, as they (ironically) tend to be the open-minded people, who are grateful for their chances in life and make the most of them, intellectually, socially, and comically. ^.^

15. ireland

ireland Active member

garry1,as soon as i can i will send ye a pm...i know ye like to do pixs..just follow directions...

16. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

O.K. Ireland! Thanks!

17. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@auslander ... well, don't carry that too far, me boy! You're attitude is as admirable as it is uncommon in this day and age. But at the same time, if a few buck are offered to you and you need it, take it; don't let the pride thing stand in the way of common sense. Don't forget that what goes around, comes around...that's what frienship and family are all about, taking care of each other in times of GENUINE need goes with the territory.

18. jiglybutt

jiglybutt Member

Hire a male stripper to come dance on you.

19. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i'm very generous with those i care about; i'd give the shirt off my back for my loved ones. but as long as i'm the only one depending on my income, i'll try to be the only one providing it. should i run into trouble with little ones or a mate depending on me, i'd have no trouble swallowing my pride. ^.^ part of my weird moral code :p

and as you know, gerry, i'm not against accepting gifts or whatnot. i'm just talking about survival. i feel part of being a responsible adult is being independent and able to take care of oneself.

20. ireland

ireland Active member

Auslander
    i will give ye a free gift as i gave gerry1..
    watch for a pm..

Last edited: Oct 16, 2006