1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should i use

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Alien13, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Hey

Does anyone know a really good cd burning program that allows you to burn more than 40 songs?

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

burn more than 40 songs...on what format? Audio CD? Mp3 CD? For audio, it only depends on time, not number of tracks. If I remember correctly, audio CDs can have a maximum of 99 tracks. For data CD, number of tracks or files shouldn't matter, as long as you stay under the limit size of the CD. As far as programs go, Nero is reguarded as the best, and has never let me down.

3. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Thanx ill try burning them with nero

4. diabolos

diabolos Guest

As a "Tecky" note; Roxio's [bold]Easy CD/DVD Creator[/bold] is comparable to Nero according to many industry critics. When Nero makes a mistake (Nero 6... lol ), the press imediatly start hyping Easy CD/DVD Creator (v7). But now, after couple of minor bug fixes, Nero (v6.6) is back on top and the crowed favorite once again.

Ced

5. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

well i have nero 5.5.8.2 and roxio easy CD and DVD creator 6 what sould i use?

6. djscoop

djscoop Active member

either one should work fine. nero 5.5x is pretty solid. Roxio is good, just never used it. But either one will do the job a-okay.

7. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

ok thanx

8. Teeny

Teeny Member

You can burn with almost any program but if you want perfect clones you need to rip with Exact Audio Copy. It's a free download. Do a google search for Exact Audio copy.

9. djscoop

djscoop Active member

very true, but what does ripping CDs with EAC have to do with burning CDs?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2005
  10. Teeny

Teeny Member

Oh, by the way. You can also burn perfect copies with EAC.

11. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

12. djscoop

djscoop Active member

yes, but the only special function of EAC is ripping CDs, so burning it with EAC is the same as anything else, like Nero or Roxio. Also, I don't think that you can create perfect clones with EAC. To my knowledge, the only program that can make true 1:1 copies is Clone CD version 3.x and earlier.

13. Teeny

Teeny Member

EAC makes perfect clones at the price of speed. It reads each sector up 90 times to get a perfect match. Read the documentation. If it can't get a perfect read (with badly scratched CD's)it tells you so and lets you decide if you want to continue with errors. All the other software packages use error correction and don't let you know they are using it. If you want to use Roxio, go ahead but don't blame me for the results. Gotta go now. I am going to see Kid Dakota live.

14. djscoop

djscoop Active member

thats not what I'm talking about. I've known for years that EAC is the only program that can 100% accurately rip a CD. EAC is all I use. You said you can use it to make clones of CDs, which isn't true. You can make 100% accurate rips, but Clone CD is the only program that can make true exact copies of CDs. Like I said earlier in this thread, I've never used Roxio. I use EAC for ripping CDs, nero for burning CDs, and Clone CD for making copies.

15. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Teeny,

I can say without a dought that djscoop is an avid EAC user who understands what it is capable of. What he is saying it that while it makes perfect copies of the audio track information, it doesn't create perfect ISO-Images of CDs. These ISO-Images can be used to create another CD. That created CD would be identical to the source disc all the way down to the last bit (if you used [bold]Clone CD[/bold].

Respect the "Members" of this forum (please)!
    Ced

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2005
  16. djscoop

djscoop Active member

thanks Ced

17. elliott

elliott Regular member

True clone cd is great, I use Roxio Easy Creator for data only have had really astounding reslults using Windows built in rip and play. I did try over burning a few tracks (you know using the entire disc) with Roxio and it wouldn't play in my car or cd walkman. So just a reccomendation don't burn over to the end of the disc and only burn at 8-16x speed for maximum compatiblility. I bought a cyberhome dvd player and record more songs as data to a cd that will play at home on this player just fine wma/mp3 it plays both.

18. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

me i use roxio5 plat. as it suits my purposes for doing data

19. djscoop

djscoop Active member

I have used overburn a few times in nero, and never had any problems. if you ever do need more space though, they do make 90 minute CDRs now, and are compatible with most new players

20. elliott

elliott Regular member

where do I get those haven't seen them around