1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what shouldi do

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by MRSIRCOOK, Jan 5, 2005.

1. MRSIRCOOK

MRSIRCOOK Regular member

lately ive been having alot of trouble with my foxconn mobo, its just freaking out on me, as of late i ran into some video card driver problems, and have had to buy a new card, the first one was an ecs ati radeon card, i just got an asus card, and they thing doesn't want to work....is there anything i can do to correct my problem.

also, am i stressing out my computer with four optical drives and five hds all running at the same time, i have a p4 3.0 ghz, ht, 800fsb and 1gb of ddr ram behind me, with 5 pci slots, 1 usb 2.0 card, 1 tv tuner,( one by hauppage), 2 motherboard controller cards, one maxtor, the other a promiseultra car, another nic card, and an exhaust blower, all on 400 watts....please help me, these what i think are video card mainly issues, are realy bugging me, im about to buy a new asus mobo, what should i do....

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

try disabling some of your drives & whatnot temperaroly to see if problem reslves as might be psu problem

3. MRSIRCOOK

MRSIRCOOK Regular member

you mean cpu problem or power problem...holla back asap

4. ddp

you might be under powered that is why to disable powerwise somethings to see if any difference in video

5. MRSIRCOOK

MRSIRCOOK Regular member

ive always been told that i may have that problem, i might as well just a but a 550/600 watt power supply

6. EYEShurt

EYEShurt Regular member

cant be ive got well it im sig running on a 400watt psu

7. MRSIRCOOK

MRSIRCOOK Regular member

i tried what yall told me,i removed two hds, and a mother board controller card, but upon going to reformat, i noticed that it wouldn't allow me, for some odd reason its like the reformatting process would start then stop at like 19%, its almost like the disc would stop reading as well...what the hell could this be....if yall can pull anything out of yalls mind of what can be wrong with my comp, ill be happy to try it and provide more info as well...holla back

8. EYEShurt

EYEShurt Regular member

dude id be worryin that its the hdd

9. ddp

if you cannot format the hd try to do it on another computer to see if problem follows or not. post results

10. MRSIRCOOK

MRSIRCOOK Regular member

all this time i switched out the original hd that came with the case to put in another one that was prettier and had 2 fans, which was 350 watts, si put back in the original one, which is 450 watts, and now with me moving alot of other stuff around and out the case it works like a dream now...thanks guys

11. ddp

ok, teach & learn