1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What software do you all use to make custom DVD Labels???

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by teflonmyk, Aug 5, 2005.

1. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

I get my covers from http://www.cdcovers.cc, then put them directly into Epson DVD/CD Printer. It always leaves abit white around the edges.

The ritek printables are always put securely into R300 but i get the little white edges!

It's annoying me they don't look as proffesional as they could

2. bigmac94

bigmac94 Member

You Might Consider The Rather New BenQ Lightscribe Burner,Its Purpose Is To Burn A Label On One Side & Burn Your Movie Or Whatever On The Other Side,Really Neat! Now if I Can Just Get The Software To Do Exactly What I Want It To Do...

Last edited: Aug 20, 2005
  3. goman007

goman007 Regular member

ive also seen the H.P.Lightscribe Burner. which one do you figure works the best? the h.p. for the internal one is under $100.00. i noticed on the website that BenQ Lightscribe Burner was a little over that amount. are they hard to use?

4. framit

framit Guest

Just a note to J-Kwon have you adjusted the inner and outer print settings, 3rd. button from the bottom in your Print CD Software. I have the same printer get my artwork from the same site and my discs have no white edges and look very professional. Also use the 3rd. button down to import the picture this will fill the whole disc once your settings are set up. Thats how I do it anyhow.

5. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

framit fella, i was using the Insert picture/ background icon (3rd icon down), but when i clicked on the one underneath that it worked nicely i'll have to wait and see if it works i'm jus burning a movie now, ill put an image on it after it is completed.

And no my setting hasn't been changed, I've always had white edges from when i started using it.

6. framit

framit Guest

Hi 3rd. button down from top will fill disc completely with picture.3rd. button from bottom allows you to adjust print area, should be 119mm outer and 43mm inner for reg discs, 119mm outer and 23mm inner if using full hub printable ones. These are the settings I use and they always print 1st. class.

7. bigmac94

bigmac94 Member

Hello..
    As Far As The Use Of the BenQ Lightscribe,No Its Not Hard At All IMO,However I Have The Firewire Version,And After Solving A Few Recognition Problems,We Were Off And Running.
    Like I Said In Another Post,Hardest Thing For Me Is Getting The Software For The Lightscribe To Do What I Want It To.
    Over All Like The Burner Very Much & Its Very Fast,16X With The Right Media.

8. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

What setting in Epson Print CD/DVD for my full face printable DVD-rs,
    Cheers J

9. kenneth1

kenneth1 Regular member

It depends on your media, my TY is 22mm inner, 119mm outer, MY verbs are 20mm inner and 119mm outer, the outer setting is usually 119, but the inner varies according to the particular media that you are using, I have a epson r200 and have used a variety of different media settings

Last edited: Aug 25, 2005
  10. teflonmyk

teflonmyk Regular member

I found some great software comparable to PhotoShop and PaintShop, BUT this is FREE!!!! It is LOADED with features...

http://freeserifsoftware.com/Software/PhotoPlus/download.asp

TY hub printables: 22mm inner, 119mm outer, 25.4 height, 25.2 width. These measurements center up perfectly with my setup... Works with Maxell printables, too!!!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2005
  11. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

Adobe photoshop is unbeatable with all the plugins, however for those who don't have the brass that is a good alternative

Thanks for those settings i now don't have any white edges!

12. barnybhoy

barnybhoy Member

framits right, just click on the yellow cd on the left hand side and change the outer right up and the inner right down and you get a perfect print. make sure that your using full face cd's though

13. mattn1979

mattn1979 Guest

Hey All,
    I use exPressit 2.1, it is freeware and comes with Memorex Labeling.

14. scorp6568

scorp6568 Member

Excellent CD DVD Labeller --->http://www.acoustica.com/cd-label-maker/

15. filebox

filebox Guest

dont forget the silver printable ones even if you get the settings
    incorrect you dont get a white edge.

16. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Am I mistaken, but are you guys putting labels onto to your dvds, or are they the labels for the cover?

17. filebox

filebox Guest

we are printing direct to the dvd or cd,using printable discs.
    with epson photo r200 or r300. some of the comments made are for the settings used in the epsom program to alter the printable area of the disc. hope this helps you