1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What software other than nero

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by AU76, Feb 1, 2003.

1. AU76

AU76 Guest

My file sizes are about 870 meg once encoded with tmpeg nero wont let me burn the mpeg as a svcd says the file sie is too big to fit onto the cd , what other software can i use to burn these files in the svcd format ?

thanks for any help

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

svcd is far far too high for an 80min disk!

3. AU76

AU76 Guest

how do u mean , ive done all my movies on 90 minute cds im burning them using ULEAD DVD MOVIE FACTORY it burns the 870 meg files onto the 90 minues cds but i was just looking for an alternative .

The.Lord.Of.The.Rings.The.Two.Towers1 886,849 (mpeg) in svcd format

4. Dela

Oh sorry i thought you were using 80min cd's.

In Nero, click file - preferences and click the expert features tab. enable overburn and set the limit to 99 minutes. that should solve your problems. Nero will ask if you want to write an overburn cd so just click yes!

5. AU76

AU76 Guest

Will nero retain the aspect ratio i set in tmpeg , Also another question if i am watching my movies on a stand alone DVD player and the movie is blocky in places basically sound slips then jumps back into place but works perfectly on the WIN DVD through my pcs dvd rom would it be my dvd unit ?

by the way thanks for the prompt help when it is needed

cheers

6. Dela

Nero will keep the aspect ratio if the movie is already encoded for svcd.

The problem with the blocky picture could easily be the media you are using. alsop try to burn never over 4x!

and no problem, i dont mind helpin out on this forum cause i learn a lot of cool shit!

7. AU76

AU76 Guest

The media being the discs ? Im using LASER brand thats all they sell where i buy my gear from is there anywhere i cn find out the best cds to use or is it trial by error kind of situation ?

8. Dela

trial by error really! all dvd players play some ,media good and others bad, kinda sucks!