1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What t.v. to buy?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by czidarich, Nov 14, 2006.

1. czidarich

czidarich Member

I'm new to the whole LCD/plasma t.v. thing and am looking to buy a 27" (68cm) t.v. but am not sure what to get. My budget is $1300 Aussie Dollars and i would like it so i can hook it up to my computer/play xbox 360 and also just for watching t.v.
    Also what would i be better off buying? an LCD or Plasma? Which has better quality?
    I'm sure this type of question has been asked many times before but any help would be great. Thanks

2. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Welcome to Afterdawn! So much is a matter of personal opinion czidarich. I prefer LCD hi def; in my opinion, a really [bold]good quality[/bold]LCD hi def has a better, brighter pic and unlike Plasma, you won't have a burn in problem though I'm told that problem is all but solved...I don't know. I have an LCD monitor which is awesome as well as an LCD Rear projection which I love....now, I would have preferred a regular hi def LCD that wan't rear projection but unlike plasma, the big problem with LCD, is that the larger you get, LCD gets far more expensive than Plasma. But since you're looking at 27 in, you should be able to get a good one (ALWAYS get a good one ... or wait, don't get cheap crap with TVs unless it's a plain ol' CRT. I just went to google australia and typed in LCD HDTV and came up with plenty of QUALITY 32 in LCD hi def TVs exactly in your price range. I was going to post some links but google australia seems to be having some problems tonite but you'll find them, they were everywhere.

3. emachine

emachine Guest

What are some quality 32 in lcds?

4. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Sony, Samsung and Sharp in order are all top notch

5. czidarich

czidarich Member

thanks for the input gerry, I ended up buying a 27" samsung. New model on the market they tell me. And it was in budget......only $1200........ It didn't have a digital tuner but that doesn't stress me...... most of the stuff i will be doing with it will not be channel surfing neways and the same model with a digital tuner was $500 more.......stuff that.

6. rjessa

rjessa Regular member

Continuing on the same trend, I am looking into purchasing a TV for my home use. I would like to buy 60". Am not sure of what all the terminology means adn the diff in quality. Should I get LCD (perhaps not available in this size), Plasma (perhaps too expensive in this size?) Or is DLP LCD is what i require. Then what about the diff resolutions etc. Any technical info or feedback you could provide would be helpful.

I was leaning towards Panasonic??

7. emachine

emachine Guest

Well I don't know much. But I'll try to give you some help. The best resolution is 1080p Um if your a gamer, stay away from plasma. If not go ahead. My buddy just got an 50 something inch dlp lcd. Looks pretty nice. Plasma is better for non gaming applications though.

8. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2006
  9. Molder

Molder Regular member

I looked around a little while back and I was not convinced that Plasma or LCD was the way to go. I ended up with a CRT with HDMI input, the picture is only 32" or 76cm but it is crystal clear, better than any LCD or plasma in the AU$1000.00-$1200.00 range. I have to admit the $8500.00 LCD's were pretty impressive, but I can't justify that money to watch mostly trashy/rubbish free to air.

M

10. emachine

emachine Guest

I can't wait for the lazer. Its going to be so sick!

11. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

emachine, are you going to get the veiwsonic montior

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2006
  12. emachine

emachine Guest

I don't know its only 1080i. And I didn't make as much on my ps3 as I was hoping, but theres still 2 more left, will see. I'll let ya know.

13. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

what did yours sell for? i am watching e-bay and it looks like most of them are going for over 1500.00 dollars there.

are all the PS3 the same?

one guy has a buy now price of 50.000.00 dollars ,what an idiot lol

14. emachine

emachine Guest

Uh I sold mine for 1426.00 So I ended up with a 600.00 profit.