1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what the hell!?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Jslayer, Nov 21, 2003.

1. Jslayer

Jslayer Guest

i was trying to install XBMP 2.4 and i was lookin at the config.xml file and all i did was change the autolaunch CD to "true." now when i start up my xbox it goes through the ani then comes up with this thing X3 FTP server 0.1a alpha, not the evox dash. i cant get it to go away. i cant do anything to get it to go away...i cant even ftp into by box anymore. _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Jslayer[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2003
  2. Jslayer

Jslayer Guest

someone please help me cuz i cant do anything with my xbox

3. GetModded

GetModded Guest

You should be able to boot and EvolutionX Dash disc and FTP and change the setting back. This will atleast get you back where you started.

RustyDog

4. Jslayer

Jslayer Guest

nope, i cant boot with the evox dash disc in...and i know it works cuz i used it at the beginning. it just stays with the X^3 FTP server v0.1a alpha screen, which i have no idea how that got on there.

5. GetModded

GetModded Guest

What bios is on the chip. Are you using the X2 4978?
    Does the screen list an IP address?
    If so, have you tried to connect to it?

RustyDog

6. sergio89

sergio89 Member

I just had the exact same thing happen to me.
    I feel quite afraid that our xbox's have been terminated. I can't asure you of this because I am basically panicking. I tried to load boxplorer onto my xboxhardrive but then deleted it and next thing I know I can do nothing else to my xbox but watch those tormenting words X3 FTP SERVER v0.1A Alpha X2 4978 KERNEL INSIDE.

IF anyone and I mean ANYONE can help us out It would be greatly appreciated. If you can email me a solution of anything. Jslayer I will be sure to contact you If I can get through this and I would appreciate if you could help me get through this also.

7. Jslayer

Jslayer Guest

thanks...its really freaking me out. I am thinking about sending my xbox to Get Modded (aka Rusty Dog) to get it upgraded from the factory hd to a 120 gb hd, and if he can tell me whats wrong ith it or how to fix it, ill contact you as well_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Jslayer[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2003
  8. GetModded

GetModded Guest

Are you guys using the X2 4978 bios with the built in FTP server?

RustyDog

9. sergio89

sergio89 Member

Yes I am using the 4978 bios. Should I try making another cd with a different bios and try and flash my mod chip to another bios.

10. sergio89

sergio89 Member

I might have to buy a programmer to reflash it.

and I was searching around to try and solve this so I went to this site that compared bios/kernel and I looked under the bios/kernel that my chip is running and this is what it had.

- Added FTP server, IP: 192.168.10.123, Mask: 255.255.0.0, login/password: x3/x3
    - FTP server starts up if you keep the 'A' button pressed on bootup, otherwise the dashes are run
    - Dashboard sequence changed to: evoXdash.xbe, avadash.xbe, mxmdash.xbe, xboxdash.xbe

If you need the website just ask but I am beginning to think it is a bug in the bios.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2003